GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone done performance modifications to a MK6?

bruce1993

I have a golf mk6 2009 2 litre, It's remapped and sitting at 172bhp with 322lbs torque, I'm debating maybe spending a little more and buying some more toys for example an intercooler, upgraded clutch &I fly wheel, full exhaust system and maybe hybrid turbo, I'm just thinking about doing this not 100% but does anyone know what mk6 TDI's are like for performance upgrades? Like what they get to at stage 2 and 3 and just general things that could help me out

Thanks much appreciated

Bradley

Sanderzzz

Go Kart Champion
This a troll or nah?

bruce1993

No seriously mate I'm new to the whole car performance stuff and I don't want to waste my money on products that don't give much difference

BlueVagonPwr

I just got the Malone stage 2 and DSG tune. It made a night and day difference from stock. The most noticeable changes came from the DSG tune. Much smoother and less dumb shifting (especially when decelerating). The engine tune also made a bit of difference. Definitely pulls harder off the line but still a bit weak > 60-70mph.

I've been looking around at the tuning options and have started putting together a list for mine that includes mostly improvements to the handling: suspension, sway bars, brakes, etc. There are plenty of parts of that sort available from the usual manufacturers. There are also plenty of turbo and exhaust kits on the market.

It really depends on your goals.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
pretty sweet hp to torque ratio

beatiain

Hey Guys,

Looking at doing a 3" Pipe from Turbo to Back, ECU Tune and Dyno. Anyone seen any major difference in performance? IM new to the whole TDI thing. The guys said id only get another 80NM and about 21HP, like that doesnt seem like a lot? can any one refer me to a good tuning place that might be able to get me more?

Iain

2009 | MK6 2.0 TDI | DSG

gliitch

Ready to race!
Use the search function. That is the most common tdi performance mod out there and has been covered a million times

APRTDI

Passed Driver's Ed
Having spent the money on the mods you talk about prior to tuning, i can tell you that they do nothing for these cars.

The oem AIR BOX is plenty sufficient for even a 3L engine size so why upgrade, I upgraded to AFE and felt nothing, no MPG improvement nothing.
Went to a GTI intake for more turbo noise but was it worth the 260$? NO!

Bought an AFE 2.5" cat back, same thing no noise increase nor any performance either. 300$ down the drain I feel.

Went to APR tune with stock emission system, bam huge difference in drivability and power loved it... so well worth the 600$.

APR caused the DPF to crack and blow to pieces... causing CELs and about 1500$ of Malone tune and DPF delete piping and couldnt be happier, much more power than the APR and much wider power band.
Investment was worth every penny...

So looking at what you have done and what i have, and I can tell you that you can sink in 1000$ or more into these parts you want and you will gain nothing other than stuff to put in your signature.

BBK was another good update i did with the APR went with R32 complete brake swap and yes they are very heavy but they stop on a dime combined with some Track Tires rated at 140 tread wear.

VWR sway bars, and coil overs were also an expensive investment but they made the car drive like its on rails and the added power from the tune and the delete makes the car put up some serious fights with some much quicker cars out there.

I keep surprising myself to this day when i pull a move on someone who does not expect the JSW to lurge forward with the intensity that it does.

MacRadiators

Passed Driver's Ed
A bigger turbo and 3" full exhaust are well worth the money.
Big FMIC also does a great job and cost is ridiculous.
These alone with a good remap will get you in the 270+hp zone without problems.
If you want to push further , you must swap the hpfp for a CP3 pump + race clutch.