GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > GTI 2.0T Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes

Old 03-20-2017, 05:28 PM   #1
Slowgti08
Drag Racing Champion

Drives: 2008 VW GTI
New APR Intake

Anyone have the new APR intake?
Slowgti08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 06:02 PM   #2
fuelforfire87
Drag Racing Champion

Drives: 2013 Volkswagen GTI APR K04
I doubt it, Its a good upgrade if you are stock and don't have an intake but I wouldn't replace the old carbonio for the new system. Too expensive IMO.
2013 Red MK6 DSG. APR K04. APR DSG tune, Cobb turboback exhaust. Eurojet Intercooler, Spulen Dogbone mount and insert(street). Torque solution Motor and Tranny mounts. MFactory LSD, ECS Catch Can, Alzor 640 Wheels, Nitto NT555 G2 Tires.
fuelforfire87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 06:42 PM   #3
Dans GTI
FIA World Rally Car Newbie

Drives: 2010 MK6
I doubt much people would, you can get a second hand old version of the intake for $150. Tough price to justify.
2010 MK6 GTI 6MT: APR Stage 2.4 High Output : eBay special downpipe : IE Intake : R8 Coils : BKR7EIX : DWS06 : 034 Dog Bone Mount : 034 Dog Bone Insert : StopTech Brake Pads : SPM CatBack : Sachs ZF Clutch : Diesel Geek Short Shifter : GFB DV + : Clutch Stop :
Dans GTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 06:46 PM   #4
Slowgti08
Drag Racing Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dans GTI View Post
I doubt much people would, you can get a second hand old version of the intake for $150. Tough price to justify.
Didnt you have a APR intake? i wanted an IE but im on the iffy side due to water being sucked through the open filter
Old 03-20-2017, 07:12 PM   #5
Dans GTI
FIA World Rally Car Newbie

Drives: 2010 MK6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowgti08 View Post
Didnt you have a APR intake? i wanted an IE but im on the iffy side due to water being sucked through the open filter
Yes, i had the APR intake. It was okay.

I love the IE intake sounds so awesome and looks badass, water being sucked up through the open filter is not a thing to worry about, i don't thing anyone has ever locked or damaged their engine doing that (here). With that reasoning you can suck up water through APR's intake also sure it'll be harder but the opening is enough for water to get through

Also the way the IE intake sits, its sealed when the hood is close, the only possible way i could thing that someone could suck up water is if they were driving around without fender liners and went into a semi deep puddle.
2010 MK6 GTI 6MT: APR Stage 2.4 High Output : eBay special downpipe : IE Intake : R8 Coils : BKR7EIX : DWS06 : 034 Dog Bone Mount : 034 Dog Bone Insert : StopTech Brake Pads : SPM CatBack : Sachs ZF Clutch : Diesel Geek Short Shifter : GFB DV + : Clutch Stop :
Dans GTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 07:53 PM   #6
Speeddemon69
FIA GT Champion

Drives: 2012 MK6 GTI
Trust me I had a carbonio and replaced it with the I.E. after it turned yellow and brittle. The I.E. has a Venturi design where it boosts the air flow. Filter on the IE is also easy to clean. And don't worry what people might tell you on the bracket for the I.E. intake. It's not an issue at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Speeddemon69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 08:24 PM   #7
Slowgti08
Drag Racing Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dans GTI View Post
Yes, i had the APR intake. It was okay.

I love the IE intake sounds so awesome and looks badass, water being sucked up through the open filter is not a thing to worry about, i don't thing anyone has ever locked or damaged their engine doing that (here). With that reasoning you can suck up water through APR's intake also sure it'll be harder but the opening is enough for water to get through

Also the way the IE intake sits, its sealed when the hood is close, the only possible way i could thing that someone could suck up water is if they were driving around without fender liners and went into a semi deep puddle.
Do you have a video ?
Old 03-20-2017, 08:25 PM   #8
Slowgti08
Drag Racing Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speeddemon69 View Post
Trust me I had a carbonio and replaced it with the I.E. after it turned yellow and brittle. The I.E. has a Venturi design where it boosts the air flow. Filter on the IE is also easy to clean. And don't worry what people might tell you on the bracket for the I.E. intake. It's not an issue at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I like the design but eventually it turning yellow and being quiet is a turn off
Old 03-20-2017, 11:58 PM   #9
Warguello5113
Passed Driver's Ed

Drives: 2014 Drivers edition GTi
I ordered the new "old" apr intake the day after i received it, the "new" one came out. Ordered the new one and returning the old lol
Warguello5113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 09:52 AM   #10
ExcelerateRep
GolfMK6 Official Vendor

Drives: TDI
I like the new Intakes, the carbon fiber weave is the same as the MK7 intake's and after a few years of use and abuse, no yellowing.

If anyone is interested in the OLD intakes, we have them on sale right now!
http://vag.excelerateperformance.com.../i-589504.aspx
http://vag.excelerateperformance.com.../i-589033.aspx
ExcelerateRep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 10:16 AM   #11
Jaber
Modero

Drives: 2013 GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowgti08 View Post
Unless you try to ford water that goes past your bumper, which would be dumb to begin with, there's really no need to worry with any intake.

#TEAMMINIVAN - BBRT, Banana Bread Racing Team
Jaber is offline   Reply With Quote