GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New APR Intake

fuelforfire87

Ready to race!
I doubt it, Its a good upgrade if you are stock and don't have an intake but I wouldn't replace the old carbonio for the new system. Too expensive IMO.

Dans GTI

Ready to race!
I doubt much people would, you can get a second hand old version of the intake for $150. Tough price to justify.

slowgti08

Ready to race!
I doubt much people would, you can get a second hand old version of the intake for $150. Tough price to justify.

Didnt you have a APR intake? i wanted an IE but im on the iffy side due to water being sucked through the open filter

Dans GTI

Ready to race!
Didnt you have a APR intake? i wanted an IE but im on the iffy side due to water being sucked through the open filter

Yes, i had the APR intake. It was okay.

I love the IE intake sounds so awesome and looks badass, water being sucked up through the open filter is not a thing to worry about, i don't thing anyone has ever locked or damaged their engine doing that (here). With that reasoning you can suck up water through APR's intake also sure it'll be harder but the opening is enough for water to get through :D

Also the way the IE intake sits, its sealed when the hood is close, the only possible way i could thing that someone could suck up water is if they were driving around without fender liners and went into a semi deep puddle.

Speeddemon691

Go Kart Champion
Trust me I had a carbonio and replaced it with the I.E. after it turned yellow and brittle. The I.E. has a Venturi design where it boosts the air flow. Filter on the IE is also easy to clean. And don't worry what people might tell you on the bracket for the I.E. intake. It's not an issue at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slowgti08

Ready to race!
Yes, i had the APR intake. It was okay.

I love the IE intake sounds so awesome and looks badass, water being sucked up through the open filter is not a thing to worry about, i don't thing anyone has ever locked or damaged their engine doing that (here). With that reasoning you can suck up water through APR's intake also sure it'll be harder but the opening is enough for water to get through :D

Also the way the IE intake sits, its sealed when the hood is close, the only possible way i could thing that someone could suck up water is if they were driving around without fender liners and went into a semi deep puddle.

Do you have a video ? :D:D

slowgti08

Ready to race!
Trust me I had a carbonio and replaced it with the I.E. after it turned yellow and brittle. The I.E. has a Venturi design where it boosts the air flow. Filter on the IE is also easy to clean. And don't worry what people might tell you on the bracket for the I.E. intake. It's not an issue at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like the design but eventually it turning yellow and being quiet is a turn off:lol::mad0259:

Warguello5113

I ordered the new "old" apr intake the day after i received it, the "new" one came out. Ordered the new one and returning the old lol

Jaber

Modero

Unless you try to ford water that goes past your bumper, which would be dumb to begin with, there's really no need to worry with any intake.