GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official BBK and wheel Fitment Guide

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
Here's a few rims over AP Racing 6 Pot Calipers (CP7068)

GTC01RR 18x8.5 +42

RS05RR 18x8.5 +35

TE37SL 18x9 +45

tjasko

Go Kart Champion
Yes, I am planning on upgrading my rotors and matching pads on my stock R rears to go along with my 18z up front .. Stoptech front and rear rotors with Hawk HP Performance pads all around.

Afraid to go too aggressive with the pads and have problems on the street.

Yeah I'm running StopTech street pads all around with StopTech slotted rotors. It's a good setup and works with me.

I have considered buying some race pads for the track though, as the street pads do still fade. Just don't want to deal with the squealing on a daily basis.

jackhossross

Ready to race!
Yeah I'm running StopTech street pads all around with StopTech slotted rotors. It's a good setup and works with me.

I have considered buying some race pads for the track though, as the street pads do still fade. Just don't want to deal with the squealing on a daily basis.

My understanding is during street driving the racing pads can very much under perform when not at temp - we'll see this is my first time messing with braking on any of my past three cars, so it has been a big learning experience for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

tjasko

Go Kart Champion
My understanding is during street driving the racing pads can very much under perform when not at temp - we'll see this is my first time messing with braking on any of my past three cars, so it has been a big learning experience for me.

Yup that's correct, you need to get them hot for them to brake well; definitely dangerous if you were to daily race pads.

clownish

just clowning around
Even more aggressive street pads have this issue. Definitely need to let them warm up a bit vs. regular car pads on cars that people don't care about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

flakomk6

Ready to race!
would any of you guys know if the 18z calipers would fit the stock Laguna wheels? I know I saw someone on here with the 17z and a 15mm spacer, I don't think the difference in size should be that big.