GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Audi rs5 wave brake kit

cosmo10292

Ready to race!
So I recently stumbled upon the audi rs5 brake kit from ECS and I'm in LOVE!
I know they are not a direct bolt on to a mk6 gti but I'd like to know why not? Is there a way to retrofit them on?

mg_90

Bringing this one up from the dead

http://www.vagbremtechnic.com/front...iston-rs4-r8-gallardo-brembo-calipers-di0001/

Would a new brake master cylinder be needed or anything else I'm not thinking of? Obv new wheels or at min spacers but I'm wanting to check because I'll have the calipers, only need everything else. This kit looks legit.

Literally installed this yesterday along a pair of full S3 8P rear brakes and an Audi TTRS master cylinder, I´m in the middle of the break in procedure. Pedal feel right now is 95% similar to a friend´s TTRS with OEM Brembo 4 pots that have from factory.

VBT kits here in Europe are very popular and a lot of people have been using them in track cars for years, the AP Racing outer rotors is a quality guarantee for sure.

The wheels are 18x9 ET42 and I´m running a H&R 5mm spacer just for extra safe, not really needed but fits fine with the overall look.

I´ll be testing the setup this season on a lot of trackdays, will try to remember to update this.

Here you have some pics.

PS Don´t get mad with the pictures with the caliper upside down, it was only a test fit :bellyroll:

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
Literally installed this yesterday along a pair of full S3 8P rear brakes and an Audi TTRS master cylinder, I´m in the middle of the break in procedure. Pedal feel right now is 95% similar to a friend´s TTRS with OEM Brembo 4 pots that have from factory.

VBT kits here in Europe are very popular and a lot of people have been using them in track cars for years, the AP Racing outer rotors is a quality guarantee for sure.

The wheels are 18x9 ET42 and I´m running a H&R 5mm spacer just for extra safe, not really needed but fits fine with the overall look.

I´ll be testing the setup this season on a lot of trackdays, will try to remember to update this.

Here you have some pics.

PS Don´t get mad with the pictures with the caliper upside down, it was only a test fit :bellyroll:

Pics and deets on s3 rear brakes?

MK6NGT

Ready to race!

Was the master easy to install? I assume just drain the system, replace master cylinder and after brakes are installed you bleed the system? Was the disc on the hub just a direct fit?

Awesome pics, can't wait to get my brakes on but it'll be a while since I'm piecing together lambo brakes.

mg_90

Was the master easy to install? I assume just drain the system, replace master cylinder and after brakes are installed you bleed the system? Was the disc on the hub just a direct fit?

Awesome pics, can't wait to get my brakes on but it'll be a while since I'm piecing together lambo brakes.

Really easy, two nuts to the firewall, one electrical connector, a small line on the top right and two hard lines and it´s out. Put the stock reservoir on the new master and reinstall in reverse order, maybe 10 minutes or less from start to finish once you have the intake and battery out.

Disc bells are 57,1mm so direct fit without hubcentric rings yes.

Just for fun, these discs are each one almost 3 kg lighter than stock 370mm OEM TTRS discs :eek:

Last edited:

MK6NGT

Ready to race!
Really easy, two nuts to the firewall, one electrical connector, a small line on the top right and two hard lines and it´s out. Put the stock reservoir on the new master and reinstall in reverse order, maybe 10 minutes or less from start to finish once you have the intake and battery out.

Disc bells are 57,1mm so direct fit without hubcentric rings yes.

Just for fun, these discs are each one almost 3 kg lighter than stock 370mm OEM TTRS discs :eek:

That's awesome feedback. Much appreciated.

I keep looking for cheaper discs, but the ones that are cheaper that I've found, look poor in quality compared to AKM