GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official Unitronic Chipped 2.0TSI Thread!

MmmmmBoost

Ready to race!
So Im in 3rd Gear, 2000 rpm, I go WOT and as usual it starts to build up boost but it starts cutting mid way as if the wastegate is closed and then continues building.

Sounds like this: Bwaaaaaah bwah bwah bwah bwaaaaaaaaaah stutututut.

I know thats not the best description but I wasnt able to record it when it happend.

It kind of feels like a hesitation and then goes off normal.

Anyone have any ideas ? Should I get a new DV/GFB+ ?

MmmmmBoost

Ready to race!
^^^
Manual or DSG, btw?

Sorry forgot to mention that, it's DSG, all maintenance is upto date. R8 ignition coils with NGK sparks, this issue just seem to come up, I did switch gases though, use to fill up at chevron (92) but had to fill up at Mobil today also 92.

Don®

Ready to race!
Sorry forgot to mention that, it's DSG, all maintenance is upto date. R8 ignition coils with NGK sparks, this issue just seem to come up, I did switch gases though, use to fill up at chevron (92) but had to fill up at Mobil today also 92.

Log blocks 115, 031, and 020.

What are the plugs gapped at?

urbanevil

Ready to race!
We offer both 76mm -> 57mm and 57mm -> 57mm DV Re-route couplers. They can be ordered by giving our sales department a call at 1-866-341-2447. I'm not quite sure why they're not listed on the site but I'll mention it to the Sales/Marketing Dept. on Monday.

We have yet to release the ability to purchase software upgrades directly on our site within your Account. It's something that we've been working on, but it's not quite ready yet. In the meantime, you could give us a call at 1-866-341-2447.

Please call our sales department at 1-866-341-2447.
Called your sales dept. Was told by the salesman (possibly Ed?) He was going to check if they were in stock, he would call me back. 24hrs later I've heard nothing?

Thanks,

urbanevil

Ready to race!
Called your sales dept. Was told by the salesman (possibly Ed?) He was going to check if they were in stock, he would call me back. 24hrs later I've heard nothing?

Thanks,
Lol the call was done last Thursday, this post was put up the following day. Its now Tuesday of the next week...

Guess I'll just figure out the install, glad I used my dollars to support Uni w/ my TBE,Intake and stage 2+ w/ Uniconnect+.

No call back, no emails, nothing... A+ customer service for a guy trying to give you more $.

I'm out!

Totally_Stock_Except

Passed Driver's Ed
There's a lot of folks out for spring break, and I don't think Uni is as big an operation as APR etc...my experiences with them have always been through their local Austin dealer but given their overall quality of products I'd cut them a little slack. Heck, call Ed again and shame him into a little discount Lol

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

U-20T

Go Kart Champion
Lol the call was done last Thursday, this post was put up the following day. Its now Tuesday of the next week...

Guess I'll just figure out the install, glad I used my dollars to support Uni w/ my TBE,Intake and stage 2+ w/ Uniconnect+.

No call back, no emails, nothing... A+ customer service for a guy trying to give you more $.

I'm out!

Have you tried calling them again or sending them an email? Customer service is top notch at Uni and always has been. Ask for Pat as there is no Ed that works for the company.

Forum posting isnt the best way to get in touch with any company, sometime a company may not be in the forum for a few days as the person may be out that handles forums.

urbanevil

Ready to race!
Have you tried calling them again or sending them an email? Customer service is top notch at Uni and always has been. Ask for Pat as there is no Ed that works for the company.

Forum posting isnt the best way to get in touch with any company, sometime a company may not be in the forum for a few days as the person may be out that handles forums.
I get that, I left my name, cell phone # with the Salesman. He was un-interested when I called, and never followed up. That's a joke, I've spent 3k+ on there products, all I want is a small amount of communication.

I'm over it at this point, just wanted to get that off my chest, all I ever see is their Customer Service is top notch, I beg to differ.

U-20T

Go Kart Champion
Sounds like you are just trying to rant since you placed one phone call but have no issue following back up on a public forum. If you want something you contact them not not a 3rd party right. Give them a call again and follow up so you can buy the part you are looking for since you can't order it one here.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
things happen.. people that only call once and then complain non stop are annoying.. maybe he wrote your number down wrong things happen. always follow back up just because you should have received a call back that day/next day... well you didnt.. you need something call them back.

urbanevil

Ready to race!
Sounds like you are just trying to rant since you placed one phone call but have no issue following back up on a public forum. If you want something you contact them not not a 3rd party right. Give them a call again and follow up so you can buy the part you are looking for since you can't order it one here.
God forbid I as a Customer, expect someone to ya know, do what they said they would? I gave them 5 days to respond before I mentioned it...

I bring it up here because I'm a busy person, I work 60 hours a week at my day job, that's before any of my side work, as I own a Business as well. And I would never tell a Customer 1 thing, and not do it.

Sorry I don't have time for spring break, I have grown up bills, a 20k patio remodel to oversee, and 2 kids.

But thanks for your assumptions.

hbrown0509

Go Kart Champion
God forbid I as a Customer, expect someone to ya know, do what they said they would? I gave them 5 days to respond before I mentioned it...

I bring it up here because I'm a busy person, I work 60 hours a week at my day job, that's before any of my side work, as I own a Business as well. And I would never tell a Customer 1 thing, and not do it.

Sorry I don't have time for spring break, I have grown up bills, a 20k patio remodel to oversee, and 2 kids.

Well that's all understandable. We all have busy lives, but my theory is if you wait that long for a response and not get it, then call them back. You make the time to come on the forums but not to call them back to follow up? They are a good sized company and they have a lot on their plates as well. I had to do a few phone calls over a warranty issue with a filter I got from them. Took a couple phone calls but I got it sorted out. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie

i wish i was that lucky.
I also have my own business and sometimes things happen.. sometimes the message is not relayed sometimes it takes days/weeks for a vendor to get back to me before i can tell the customer whats going on. sometimes i write the number down and when i call back its disconnected or goes to voicemail and i leave a message and then they call up a few days latter to complain about not being told whats going on.. lots of things happen. if you dont follow up yourself dont assume it will get done unless you already have a tracking number from a shipping company.

You as a business person know if you want something done you got to do it yourself/be persistent.

Call them again instead of being a cry baby on the forums... i never got a call back boohoo call em back and get it back up and going.