GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What Did You Do to Your TDI Today?

YeahBuddy

Go Kart Champion
small flathead screwdriver, theres a tiny hole on the base when you pop open the trunk. Pry that carefully and use an old credit card to work your way around till it releases. There are a series of clips.

85RedGolf2.5

Go Kart Champion
if you don't have goo gone, or you used up all your goo gone, and still have residue, some WD40 and let it sit for about a minute works just the same... however, after this method, just remember after the letters are removed, Wax is your best friend...

butlejas

Passed Driver's Ed
Finally started taking some pics of the progress on my car... :)

Yeah for 15inch snow tires! lol

Bird

Ready to race!
Installed the P3car's multi-gauge

Measures boost, vacuum, 0-60, EGT, coolant temp, air temp, throttle, speed, battery strength.

TDI - 7.29.12 by -BIRD, on Flickr

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1360643965.786198.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1360643965.786198.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 385
Last edited:

Saabstory

.:R32 OG Member # 002
Sweet gauge Bird; I assume the one you got is the "upgrade" that works properly for diesels right? :thumbsup:

I'd love to get one, but I'll stick with my Torque app and BT adapter for now.

Saabstory

Damn dude. I only drive about 1200 a month I just got it cuz I couldn't afford a GTI with the same options lol.

I got the TDI for 2 reasons: First and foremost was for the mileage, as my .:R32 was just killing us on fuel costs for the amount I drive (If my commute was shorter I would never have gotten rid of the .:R); but second was because I needed something with excellent fuel economy, but I couldn't stand to suffer through 4+ hours a day in an appliance...

The TDI is still fun to drive; not quite a GTI and definitely not an .:R, but torquey and enjoyable to toss into corners still at least, and I still get ~41-42 mpg on my commute even though I push it... alot... :D

rs999

Go Kart Champion
I got the TDI for 2 reasons: First and foremost was for the mileage, as my .:R32 was just killing us on fuel costs for the amount I drive (If my commute was shorter I would never have gotten rid of the .:R); but second was because I needed something with excellent fuel economy, but I couldn't stand to suffer through 4+ hours a day in an appliance...

The TDI is still fun to drive; not quite a GTI and definitely not an .:R, but torquey and enjoyable to toss into corners still at least, and I still get ~41-42 mpg on my commute even though I push it... alot... :D

That 40 mpg really makes me want to give up my GTI. How many times per month do you fill up? I'm getting 25-26 mpg with winter blend gas so I'm filling weekly :(

Saabstory

That 40 mpg really makes me want to give up my GTI. How many times per month do you fill up? I'm getting 25-26 mpg with winter blend gas so I'm filling weekly :(

I drive a hair over 3,000 miles per month, so even at 40+mpg I have to fill up at least weekly. So far, with my current life-of-car average of ~42 mpg, I generally fill up about 5-6 times a month.

For a more "average" commute I would likely only need to fill up once every 10 days to 2 weeks.

BlueDubbinTDI

Go Kart Champion

It does take quite awhile to hit 40mpg on your MFI though. Warm up takes atleast 5 miles and if you hit even a single light you can pretty much forget seeing it when just running errands lol. I do like the mpg, however I average about 34-35 a tank because my daily commute just isn't long enough. I have seen 44mpg on trips which is just awesome though.