GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Bucks County, PA - Nockamixon Grill & Chill Meet - April 14, 2013

thedude4bides

Go Kart Champion

troyguitar

Go Kart Champion
I believe he's indicating that he wouldn't be able to dyno his S4 there....

Sent from my SGS III using Tapatalk 2

Correct. I was actually really excited to go until I read that part :cry:

My beef with the Volkstreffen thing in particular is it's a day at the track - without actually running on the track. Seems odd :lol:

Don't mind me, though, I'm not really a "car guy" by most definitions.

Gberg2119

Ready to race!
Correct. I was actually really excited to go until I read that part :cry:

My beef with the Volkstreffen thing in particular is it's a day at the track - without actually running on the track. Seems odd :lol:

Don't mind me, though, I'm not really a "car guy" by most definitions.

Haha I thought the same thing! Why is there a gtg at a track and then no track time??

Tireiron Mike

Ready to race!
They have the beginner class HPDE1 where you do classroom sessions and have an instructor ride with you. They also have the cheap single session "Hyperdrive" which as far as I know is the same as HPDE1 but only 1 session.

https://www.nasaproracing.com/event/1537

Highly recommended. I've done 4 weekends in Summit Point Raceway. Get yourself a cheap set of 17" and some Hannkook RS3 (~$100 per) If you want to I ended up with some used Toyo 888 and I was going to buy some RA1 (highly recommended!)

Things to bring with you...
Air gauge (you'll need it, Your tires while hot should be 32-35PSI on a 17" Check after every heat. I know the 888 better and I run them cold at 20PSI)
Oil (you'll need it, check oil after every heat, just don't over do it)
Extra GAS (if you're not getting 5MPG or worse then your doing it all wrong)
A set of pads if your still OEM
Extra Brake Fluid if you didn't upgrade
WATER ( it's hot and your thirsty)

Gberg2119

Ready to race!
Highly recommended. I've done 4 weekends in Summit Point Raceway. Get yourself a cheap set of 17" and some Hannkook RS3 (~$100 per) If you want to I ended up with some used Toyo 888 and I was going to buy some RA1 (highly recommended!)

Things to bring with you...
Air gauge (you'll need it, Your tires while hot should be 32-35PSI on a 17" Check after every heat. I know the 888 better and I run them cold at 20PSI)
Oil (you'll need it, check oil after every heat, just don't over do it)
Extra GAS (if you're not getting 5MPG or worse then your doing it all wrong)
A set of pads if your still OEM
Extra Brake Fluid if you didn't upgrade
WATER ( it's hot and your thirsty)

Noted. I still have some time until the August 2nd event. I've got my sway bars, torque mount insert and unibrace going on this weekend. Brakes are definitely next on my list.

Tireiron Mike

Ready to race!
Noted. I still have some time until the August 2nd event. I've got my sway bars, torque mount insert and unibrace going on this weekend. Brakes are definitely next on my list.

Brakes are differently a plus! I run sport brakes. Just legal enough for AutoX with out going Street prepared or mod and good enough for track and DD.

But tires will make a world of difference. trust me on that. Even though money/time is tight this year for me I'm still thinking about buying new summer tires.