GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

I'm done with ECS

CarniifeX

Go Kart Champion
It would probably be similarly priced if you were to go get a box to fit it in and ship. It's an odd shape and its large. Probably would cost about $45 dollars in all money spent.

Sadly, that's not the worst I've seen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jonsetsfire

Ready to race!
Pretty big item to ship

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk
This.

It's an odd size as well as a hefty item. As stated, dimensions and weight all take place in shipping. As well as distance. Not to say they're not a big enough company but I doubt they ship enough to garner the kind of shipping discounts other retailers, not just auto parts, can offer that most of us are used to. I work for a small retailer and we ship stuff all the time. We don't see discounts and shipping can get hefty. It's the way of the shipping world.

And to compare stock from one vendor to another is apples and oranges. It's all part of business. Not everyone is going to have the same partnerships with manufacturers. This is how they make money. This is why it's a free market economy and not communist Russia.

Every time I've ordered from ECS I've had nothing but great experiences. I even have a package from them en route to me as I type this. Which CS had to get involved with due to payment issues. Two emails later and everything was kosher. I've had issues with stuff for my mk4, as well. Either not sure it's the right part or it just didn't work because my model year wasn't included(window up/down flash). They took care of me. Refunded me and let me keep the product. One instance we swapped emails/pictures and calls back and forth during an install to make sure the part was the right one.

I'm not really sure what else to ask for from a company. Besides free swag...hint hint, nudge nudge.

But I digress.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Buffgli

Ready to race!
They have there "free shipping" under some items and then you try and check out and all of a sudden there is a shipping charge. It's annoying as hell.

I agree with mkvturbogli! Check out moddedeuros.com I use them and they are great when it comes to shipping

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not to mention there is a percentage off if you look in the vendors section [emoji6].

ECS Tuning

Go Kart Champion
This.

It's an odd size as well as a hefty item. As stated, dimensions and weight all take place in shipping. As well as distance. Not to say they're not a big enough company but I doubt they ship enough to garner the kind of shipping discounts other retailers, not just auto parts, can offer that most of us are used to. I work for a small retailer and we ship stuff all the time. We don't see discounts and shipping can get hefty. It's the way of the shipping world.

And to compare stock from one vendor to another is apples and oranges. It's all part of business. Not everyone is going to have the same partnerships with manufacturers. This is how they make money. This is why it's a free market economy and not communist Russia.

Every time I've ordered from ECS I've had nothing but great experiences. I even have a package from them en route to me as I type this. Which CS had to get involved with due to payment issues. Two emails later and everything was kosher. I've had issues with stuff for my mk4, as well. Either not sure it's the right part or it just didn't work because my model year wasn't included(window up/down flash). They took care of me. Refunded me and let me keep the product. One instance we swapped emails/pictures and calls back and forth during an install to make sure the part was the right one.

I'm not really sure what else to ask for from a company. Besides free swag...hint hint, nudge nudge.

But I digress.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Thanks for the support! :thumbsup:

Andy

Deepflip

Ready to race!
Ive always purchased from ECS never had problem, ever. They ship out same day, boxed rly good, prices are basically same as other sites.

handisnacks

Ready to race!
I mean, honestly you can't compare chinese knockoff oem stuff sold on amazon to real oem stuff from vw or ecs. Of course the real oem will be priced higher.....
I don't really see much of a difference. I've never had any issues with aftermarket parts like this (the pcv for example). I can guarantee you they all only come from a few specific factories in China in the first place. They also sell aftermarket on ECS as well.

Even if you wanted the name brand VW product, places like http://shopdap.com/ offer them for cheaper than ECS.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
I don't really see much of a difference. I've never had any issues with aftermarket parts like this (the pcv for example). I can guarantee you they all only come from a few specific factories in China in the first place. They also sell aftermarket on ECS as well.

Even if you wanted the name brand VW product, places like http://shopdap.com/ offer them for cheaper than ECS.

I would disagree with you. Knowing how the tool and die and toolmaking industries work, thats not necessarily true.

Here's a breakdown of how it works:

VW Hires a third party to make X part as their oem supplier.

The tool maker builds a stamp or press or mold whatever to make said part.

The tool that meets all of the specifications go through to make the production parts.

The tool/press/molds that do not meet the spec for whatever reason are sold to the aftermarket suppliers. They claim "oem" which it would have been, if it met all of the specs.

You might not ever run into any issues. But the reality is that something is not up to VW spec with those knockoffs which is why they are sold at nearly half the price.

NYCSuits

Go Kart Champion
I've had no issues with ECS Tuning but then again I'm more understanding than other people when it comes to small businesses.

Everyone is always striving to save that extra $2 dollars here and $5 dollars there but at the end of the day that's what kills small businesses. With that being said, ECS Tuning does have the lowest price on some items (e.g., Mann Oil Filters) and I usually buy items in large bulk (when I can) and ship it all together with other items, to save money that way. They've never steered me wrong and until they do, I'll keep buying my parts from them.

handisnacks

Ready to race!
I would disagree with you. Knowing how the tool and die and toolmaking industries work, thats not necessarily true.

Here's a breakdown of how it works:

VW Hires a third party to make X part as their oem supplier.

The tool maker builds a stamp or press or mold whatever to make said part.

The tool that meets all of the specifications go through to make the production parts.

The tool/press/molds that do not meet the spec for whatever reason are sold to the aftermarket suppliers. They claim "oem" which it would have been, if it met all of the specs.

You might not ever run into any issues. But the reality is that something is not up to VW spec with those knockoffs which is why they are sold at nearly half the price.
If you go down the chain further you'd more than likely find that the OEM supplier that VW has chosen is just getting their parts (or a portion of their parts) from the same factories in China. Aftermarket parts are NOT just "cast-off" of OEM parts that didn't meet spec. I don't know where you got that impression. More often than not, good aftermarket suppliers just save money because there's no big brand associated with it, thus fewer markups down the chain.

handisnacks

Ready to race!
Everyone is always striving to save that extra $2 dollars here and $5 dollars there but at the end of the day that's what kills small businesses. With that being said, ECS Tuning does have the lowest price on some items (e.g., Mann Oil Filters) and I usually buy items in large bulk (when I can) and ship it all together with other items, to save money that way. They've never steered me wrong and until they do, I'll keep buying my parts from them.
If there's a $2 or $5 difference that's not a problem for most people.

My aftermarket PCV I bought was $45 on Amazon.
They have the EXACT same aftermarket part at ECS for $90.

See here: https://www.ecstuning.com/Volkswagen-Golf_VI--2.0T/Engine/ES2681183/

That's a huge difference, plus shipping from Amazon is cheaper (free usually).

The only reason their oil filters are cheaper is due to the fact that they make up so much in shipping charges. That and if someone is buying a large enough bulk of them to get free shipping, they still make money, it's just a slimmer margin at that point.

ECS Tuning

Go Kart Champion
Ive always purchased from ECS never had problem, ever. They ship out same day, boxed rly good, prices are basically same as other sites.

I've had no issues with ECS Tuning but then again I'm more understanding than other people when it comes to small businesses.

Thanks for the positive feedback guys! :thumbup:

Andy

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
If you go down the chain further you'd more than likely find that the OEM supplier that VW has chosen is just getting their parts (or a portion of their parts) from the same factories in China. Aftermarket parts are NOT just "cast-off" of OEM parts that didn't meet spec. I don't know where you got that impression. More often than not, good aftermarket suppliers just save money because there's no big brand associated with it, thus fewer markups down the chain.

I was referring to the companies that market parts as OEM when they clearly are not. I'm also not here to argue with you since you apparently know everything already.

fastmk6

Ready to race!

Not to argue with you, but just because a part looks the same doesn't mean its the same quality. I used to manage an auto parts store, and there was certainly a difference in OEM vs. aftermarket "OEM" parts in most cases if you really look. The thickness/quality of the metal/plastic, how well it was soldered, the gauge of the wire used, and all these things always seemed to directly relate to how long this aftermarket part lasted compared to OEM. Ive even heard of the parts being made in the same factory, with one line the "premium" line and the other the "cheap" line made with less quality parts and/or labor.

Not saying this is always the case either. Ive seen aftermarket parts made better and last longer than an OEM part too. But this is rarely the case with the "discount" parts that are a fraction of the price of OEM.

As for the ECS debate here, their prices have always scared me off. I don't mind spending a few extra bucks with a place if they treat me right, but when I can save 20-30 bucks on something it just makes sense to keep that money. Yeah its great to support a small business, but they have to remain competitive as well.