GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 2.5 today?

davserbic

Ready to race!
Put in new mirror CF Mirror caps. Super excited! Also test-fitted new R bumper and installed new headlights.

Vikingsloth1

Ready to race!
Put in new mirror CF Mirror caps. Super excited! Also test-fitted new R bumper and installed new headlights.

Those rims are sick! How's the bumper fitment?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

davserbic

Ready to race!
Those rims are sick! How's the bumper fitment?

Thanks! Wheels are Mercedes Alphards!

Fitment is good surprisingly. I got this kit from Ebay and overall it fits flush as fuck. The sides line up super nice and tight and the underbelly pan fits fine. Not the best, but fine — in my experience I've scraped and broke the shit out of that piece while driving low so it didn't really matter if all of the bolts on the bottom aren't faceted to the splash guard.

Vikingsloth1

Ready to race!
Thanks! Wheels are Mercedes Alphards!

Fitment is good surprisingly. I got this kit from Ebay and overall it fits flush as fuck. The sides line up super nice and tight and the underbelly pan fits fine. Not the best, but fine — in my experience I've scraped and broke the shit out of that piece while driving low so it didn't really matter if all of the bolts on the bottom aren't faceted to the splash guard.

I want to do the r cover with the Ecs aluminum pan. How easy were the mirror caps? I'm contemplating getting a pair.

davserbic

Ready to race!
I want to do the r cover with the Ecs aluminum pan. How easy were the mirror caps? I'm contemplating getting a pair.

A breeze — Pop the mirror out with your fingers. Remove two screws to remove black bezel from mirror cap top + bottom. Then just pop mirror cap tabs and remove cap.

You just kind of gently work it, put your thing down, flip it and reverse it. Then you're done.

Vikingsloth1

Ready to race!
A breeze — Pop the mirror out with your fingers. Remove two screws to remove black bezel from mirror cap top + bottom. Then just pop mirror cap tabs and remove cap.

You just kind of gently work it, put your thing down, flip it and reverse it. Then you're done.

Hahaha missy Elliot drop

FlowMK6

Ready to race!
Yeah, mine is like this but I have the dry one (white filter). I'm gonna stick with it when I get the manifold, the shift is only slight and takes out the wiggle that the intake has.

No adjustements needed to fit this intake with the IE manifold ? If it's true, then it's cool :) I will probably wait that you get it, for the moment I'm saving for bags, maybe Airlift or Airdynamiks, I am still not sure if I should get bags since police have issue with air suspension there...

I received my Whiteline Anti-lift kit, a few pictures of the product, cost me 82$ CAD :

And it comes with 2 other bushing for people who only track:

I also received my adjustable control arms, I should receive my wheel stud by monday and I do the alignement on wednesday.

Vikingsloth1

Ready to race!

Gave her a wash today, so shiny.

Vikingsloth1

Ready to race!

Look what came in today. My new bfi stage1 dogbone insert

Vikingsloth1

Ready to race!

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Been thinking hard about ditching my rabbit. I just don't like it, Coming from a built k04 gti (which I still have) and using the rabbit for a daily is just boring. I thought with some minor upgrades like motor and trans mounts etc that I'd enjoy it a bit more than I do.

Tough decisions coming up soon on whether I keep this thing or not.

Vikingsloth1

Ready to race!
Been thinking hard about ditching my rabbit. I just don't like it, Coming from a built k04 gti (which I still have) and using the rabbit for a daily is just boring. I thought with some minor upgrades like motor and trans mounts etc that I'd enjoy it a bit more than I do.

Modify it as much as you can for n/a

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion

Sorry to hear, to each his own.

Coming from a car with big power its always a let down especially when the daily driver is so familiar... but the power is not there to give you the thrills.