GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Windshield wipers struggling

RingBredGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Hello,
My wipers have been working fine and then yesterday all of a sudden they would not go up. Or they would go up inch my inch, really struggling. Has anyone had this issue? Any idea what it could be?

They go up very slowly and cant even make it half way up the windshield, then even going back down they go very slowly, little by little.

Thanks in advance!

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Hello,

My wipers have been working fine and then yesterday all of a sudden they would not go up. Or they would go up inch my inch, really struggling. Has anyone had this issue? Any idea what it could be?

They go up very slowly and cant even make it half way up the windshield, then even going back down they go very slowly, little by little.

Thanks in advance!

Mine did this for a while but not quite as bad as you're describing, they would start to slow down as if they were running on a very dry screen and if switched off and then on again would speed up again for a while, doesn't do it any more,
Are you running aftermarket xenons by any chance??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Speeddemon691

Go Kart Champion
Hello,

Thanks in advance!

You got to get your wiper motor tuned by APR, your not making enough boost.

But jokes aside sounds like your wiper motor is going out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RingBredGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Yeah I was thinking its probably the motor as well.
Two things to add, the fuse is ok, and also the rear wiper if working fine.

RingBredGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Weirdest thing. I took apart the motor, inspected it, put everything back together, disconnected the battery and connected again...wipers are working fine...hmmm