GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Light bulb madness

(. )( .)

Go Kart Champion
Hi guys,

So about 5 minutes ago, I turned on my car a was signaling to turn web I had a bulb out warning pop up when I was signaling left. I arrived at my destination and turned off the car, i put my hazards on, put the car in reverse and noticed that my front right blinker was out, along with my right rear reverse light, left rear signal light. Anyone have any ideas as to what is going on?

Thumper

Autocross Champion
Hi guys,

So about 5 minutes ago, I turned on my car a was signaling to turn web I had a bulb out warning pop up when I was signaling left. I arrived at my destination and turned off the car, i put my hazards on, put the car in reverse and noticed that my front right blinker was out, along with my right rear reverse light, left rear signal light. Anyone have any ideas as to what is going on?

Um, the bulbs burnt out? Is this a trick question? :D

It's odd to have 3 at once, BUT, I would pull the bulbs and see if the filiment is broken/burnt. Try to replace them, if new bulbs don't work then it's time for a trip to the dealer.

Uberryan

Banned
Bad fuse, but do they cut the car in half length wise, or width wise? That's unusual.

(. )( .)

Go Kart Champion
After locating the fuse in the engine bay fusebox, turns out the fuse had halfway melted and not broken (wire on inside). After consulting my friend who's cousin works for VW Glendale, it is a somewhat common problem on the 2010's. Flipping around the fuse worked for the night, and i'm home safe. But i'll def. be taking this in tomorrow.