GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Pop Open Gas Cap

LittleJohny

Go Kart Champion
Another fun fact - if you lock the car with the gas cap open, you can't actually close it without unlocking the car again.

Or, if you lock it when you get out of the car, realized your mistake, and unlocked it... the gas cap will open.

But the 30-second rule still applies - if no doors are opened (fuel door doesn't count) within 30 seconds, the car will re-lock itself. So, as you fill up, the car will lock itself again, and when you finish fueling and try to close it, you will wonder why the heck it won't close.

Keithuk

Go Kart Champion
So, as you fill up, the car will lock itself again, and when you finish fueling and try to close it, you will wonder why the heck it won't close.
When I fill mine up which takes longer than 30 seconds my car doesn't lock.

Bender1

Banned
But the 30-second rule still applies - if no doors are opened (fuel door doesn't count) within 30 seconds, the car will re-lock itself. So, as you fill up, the car will lock itself again, and when you finish fueling and try to close it, you will wonder why the heck it won't close.

My car does not lock if fuel door is open.

kimsballs

Ready to race!
He means if you get out at the gas station. Lock your car out of habit. Then realize fuel door won't open. So you unlock car, open fuel door, fuel car. Then car will lock as you haven't opened a door. Used to do this all the time lol.

LittleJohny

Go Kart Champion
When I fill mine up which takes longer than 30 seconds my car doesn't lock.

My car does not lock if fuel door is open.

Even after you have first locked the doors? It should.

1. Get out of car
2. Lock the doors with remote
3. Unlock the doors with remote
4. Open fuel door and begin fueling - 30 seconds later, it should lock itself.