GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Ask Detailer's Domain. Have a question ask us?

rawbdog

Go Kart Champion
Ok I have a bit of a problem.

So, I was driving on the freeway on Sunday and a truck "blew up" and started swerving and went off of the freeway, didn't think too much of it. Fast forward to Wednesday Having my mobile detail guy detailing my car while at work and he has me come out and look at my car. He shows me the front end and there are all these spots all over the front end and passenger fender where my clear coat is stained. He says it looks like tranny fluid or some sort of chemical sprayed the front end and started eating away the clear coat. Pretty much all I can do now is have the hood, bumper, and passenger fender wet sanded and hopefully get rid of the spots. Any other ideas??

Brunkel

Go Kart Champion
Thanks, I will try to put another layer or 2 of sealant on there, but what do you use to clean sealed wheels? I believe the sonax full effect will strip the sealant right off and I dont want to reaaply every time i wash my wheels.

I had always wondered if it would remove sealant as well. Not sure if full effect will. I always apply some sort of spray wax/detail spray after I wash my wheels too to help boost the wax/sealant. I found Sonax Brilliant shine and CG V7 to be good for wheels.

fredf

Go Kart Champion
Any one tried DOT 5 brake fluid (i.e: silicone) to lube and maintain rubber door seals (instead of stuff like Iz)?

d4dawg

Ready to race!
Any one tried DOT 5 brake fluid (i.e: silicone) to lube and maintain rubber door seals (instead of stuff like Iz)?

You do know that brake fluids eat paint, right? I wouldn't let brake fluids anywhere near any painted surfaces.

fredf

Go Kart Champion
You do know that brake fluids eat paint, right? I wouldn't let brake fluids anywhere near any painted surfaces.

You do know that you are wrong, right?
DOT 5 is 95% silicone and does not harm paint. I'm just concerned if the ester in the other 5% would do any harm to the rubber.

georgy

Ready to race!
Does anyone have experience removing Opti Coat high spots? Would a white pad with M205 suffice? Just applied it last night and it wad a bit hard so it doesn't look ad good as I'd like.

Sent from my SGH-I527M using Tapatalk

TomCat1

Ready to race!
Looking for advice to clean my cloth mk6 seats. For the Golf. They're kind of grayish and kind of stained. What should I buy to wash/clean them?

Anything is appreciated

chip1

Ready to race!
Whats a good Griot's Garage 6 inch Random Orbital Polisher starter kit?
Polisher, pads, waxes.

TomCat1

Ready to race!

Starts Now
Ends Dec 1, 2014 Midnight EST
25% off and Free Shipping over $150 (CONUS)
Promo Code: BF14

Check out some of the Black Friday Deals

Wheel Lover's Ultimate Wheel Cleaning Kit - Limited Qty

Foam Gun Wash Kit - Limited Qty

Your Favorite Wheel Cleaner - Save!

Protect your car from the winter - Save Big!

New Products
Can Trigger Sprayer Attachment

RoboReel

Dupray Steamers

C.A.R. Products Bullet Proof Series

Nanoskin Line Up

Click here to start shopping.

Is the 3rd to last image, is that a steam vacuum? Looking for an upholstery one to clean my cloth seats. (Stains)

Sent from my iPhone hoe!

Staypuftt

What did you do Rey?
I've used zaino for years, but I'm looking for something a little stronger.

I get tree saped at a couple different places that I have to park at. Just the misting of sap. At the moment it completely removes the zaino.

So I'm looking at a product I've seen you recommend. Menzerna super finish plus 3800, sealed with menzerna power lock plus polymer sealant.

Polishing and dealing my car every weak is getting old just to have it removed by tree sap. I'll take any suggestions.

PatzCU

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm not sure this question deserves its own thread so I'll ask here:

I have what *appear* to be water spots but I now believe they are a bit more serious than that. In the house I am currently renting, the garage leaks tiny drops of water onto the hood of my car when we get enormous amounts of rain at once (rare). I unfortunately didn't discover this until way too late and there are now significant amounts of water marks on my GTI's hood (that have been there for months).

I think these marks may actually be worse than water marks because the water drips through the wood, picking up chemical additives as it goes, before dripping onto the hood of the car. I've tried some Meguiar's polish and water spot remover (with hand "buffing") with no success.

Any suggestions for removing these terrible "water" spots? At this point I'm wondering if I'll need to get the hood repainted.

Govi

Passed Driver's Ed
Try denatured alcohol (methyl or wood alcohol are its other common names) on a soft cotton pad, to gently scrub the spots away. It's a solvent for most of the things that come from wood. It's also a solvent for tars, too. And it's available in most hardware stores, the paint sections. It works well for removing antique varnish, too, if you're refinishing an actual antique piece of furniture.

PatzCU

Passed Driver's Ed
Try denatured alcohol (methyl or wood alcohol are its other common names) on a soft cotton pad, to gently scrub the spots away. It's a solvent for most of the things that come from wood. It's also a solvent for tars, too. And it's available in most hardware stores, the paint sections. It works well for removing antique varnish, too, if you're refinishing an actual antique piece of furniture.

Interesting, I'll give this a try. Don't think the denatured alcohol will damage the clear coat?