GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Fog Light Cover GRIPE!

allset

Go Kart Champion
drill a hole in the well shield and one on the upper right corner of the cover. loop a zip tie and leave just a cm of slack.

lost 5 b4 i did this, have not lost one again

AXO

Go Kart Champion
^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Rockchops

Go Kart Champion
Are you guys talking about the rubber grommets? The clear "shield"?

FWIW my roommate just had if BMW (older 5 series) fog pop out over a big bump and he ran over it...and he got a flat tire from his own fog light shattering lol.

MMM.PWR

Ready to race!
VW changed how the covers fit on the 2012 (and later) GTIs. They are SO tight on these cars that owners have the opposite problem.... they are hard to remove (to the point that sometimes they break when you try)
:word: they're pretty hard to take off, I think I needed a screwdriver to pop them out.

Deltatime

Ready to race!
Wow, I never knew this was a problem. Noted! I guess I am pretty noob since my MK5 didn't have these covers i'll have to string them up.

jnj2455

Ready to race!
I know I'm dragging up an old thread but I just noticed this evening leaving work that my passenger side cover is MIA...

My question is, until I can get to the dealer, would it cause any electrical problems driving the car in the rain and so forth?

MrMke

Go Kart Champion
I know I'm dragging up an old thread but I just noticed this evening leaving work that my passenger side cover is MIA...

My question is, until I can get to the dealer, would it cause any electrical problems driving the car in the rain and so forth?

Prolly not. I've been running with one missing for quite some time now. No issues thus far.

Waldo1

I bought my '10 a year ago (and 25k ago) , came without them both. I haven't noticed any issues so far.

jnj2455

Ready to race!
The dealer I bought my car from was giving me shit left and right about it and that everything had to be documented to make sure it wasn't tampered with and blah blah blah and parts quoted me $8 to replace it (and they'd have to order it too)

I called another dealer close to my work and I dropped by real quick and after a quick glance, they were able to pull it out of their parts stock and I was on my merry way. Thank you Princeton VW and honouring my warranty.