GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Any recent GTI owners wishing they waited for the MK7 US release?

dos_reboot

Bought my '13 early last year just around the time mk7 features were being released.

Given a choice between the two, I would take the MK7 on mechanical upgrades alone. But my last two cars (from highly reliable mfg) were first model years and vowed never to buy another first model year vehicle again.

I have zero problems with a Mexico assembly plant. The problem is the hundreds of feeder part plants building totally new-to-them components/assemblies. There will be teething pains as they go through their manufacturing learning curve. This is especially true with a brand new assembly plant in Mexico that hasn't yet developed good working relationships with their brand new suppliers.

I will buy a MK7, just not the first or second year.

I really think having a darker lower fascia is the way to go. The MK7, although good looking, looks a bit cheesier with the cat whiskers and body colored lower.

That's just me. That Mk7 looks great with a darker lower front, although the dark bit is too wide overall.

The mk7 R = gorgeous.

lo ran

Passed Driver's Ed
the moment of truth is upon us, end of May and early June cars will start showing up!?!.. I cant wait to get inside that car and take it for a spin.. Will see the long lasting dilemma if the GTI will hold to its standards.. Puebla Plant aside I am optimistic about the German Engineering there.

cobie56

Ready to race!
Chk this---http://golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65230

http://www.autoblog.com/2013/08/22/volkswagen-10-millionth-car-mexico/

Alot of car building experience it seems.

As well, ford builds the fiesta in mexico (for the american/canadian market) and there aren't any issues w/ that car. I've driven in fiestas made in both mexico and europe and can honestly not find any quality difference. Will that be the same for the MKVII? who knows... but if the fiesta is an indication , then the situation is very hopeful.

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
the moment of truth is upon us, end of May and early June cars will start showing up!?!.. I cant wait to get inside that car and take it for a spin.. Will see the long lasting dilemma if the GTI will hold to its standards.. Puebla Plant aside I am optimistic about the German Engineering there.

I'm looking forward to checking out the car when it shows up at my local dealer.
The dealership is just a couple of miles from my home, so it's a breeze for me to just drop by on a whim and nose around the car.

lo ran

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm looking forward to checking out the car when it shows up at my local dealer.
The dealership is just a couple of miles from my home, so it's a breeze for me to just drop by on a whim and nose around the car.

Same here, I need to by a car and soon. However, the only thing that's second guessing me is it being the first GTI with the new platform.. so will see..

SnackyJ

Nah, I just bought my used MK6 about a month ago and I'm really loving the car.

I was dead set on a MK7 but saw that there really wasn't much difference as a whole. Yes, new chassis and all that...and the car is better, but not that much to justify the cost IMO.

The MK7 will initially cost more, possibly have a markup, wait time, and have the issues of a first year car.

Not to mention that the Performance Pack isn't out at release, plus we don't get the port injection like the euro models do.

If I were to get a MK7 it would be in 5+ years and most likely a Golf R.

Artysta

Ready to race!
Just checked one out in person! It was a 4-door tornado red. My gti should be arriving in the next week or so :) I must say that it looks very impressive in person on the exterior. I love the chiseled lines and it looks much more aggressive than the mk6. I thought that I would've been dissapointed with the non-led tail-lights, but after seeing it in person I must admit they looks really good; huge improvement over the mk6. On paper the car is lower and wider and it really shows in person. On to the interior..... I must say I am a little dissapointed. The interior looks on par with the mk6, but it is definitely not an evolution. My biggest gripe is the tiny nav screen - seems even smaller than the mk6, and the fake carbon finish on the dash. I think I also prefer the mk6 steering wheel which had the non-perforated leather. Other than that I love the variable cargo load floor in the trunk, the sub incorporated into the spare wheel, the roomier interior, the color screen on the mdi computer and the driver oriented dash. I'm very annoyed that we don't get the automatic foldable side view mirrors and a slidable cover over the cup holder between the seats. It's being nit picky but It's those small details that make a difference. Overall I'm very happy with the car asthetically, and I can't wait to drive one in the next couple weeks.

The_Koof1

Ready to race!
No ragrets. Not one.

Sent from my Apple III using Tapatalk

trev1342

Go Kart Champion

KO7

Ready to race!
I would've regretted it if I bought mine new for around MSRP, but I got mine used so a new MK7 was never on the radar anyways. I'm at the dealership right now waiting for a tire install, and I must admit the MK7 is just GORGEOUS, especially in white.

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
İm kinda debating to switch up to mk7 as of 4 door, but getting the same car just for 2 more doors seems silly imo, im happy with my mk6