GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

High oil temperature?

Beej1

Ready to race!
I believe there's a way to adapt the sensor so that it would screw into where your oil drain plug would go. Or either have drop, tap and weld a bung onto the oil pan or buy a high-end oil pan that already has one.

Yeah, you can just use an M14x1.5 oil temp sensor, I would assume. My BMW E30 is set up like that. VDO makes a bazillion sensors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

P_layton

Ready to race!
Sorry for the late reply.
Here's the email

Thank you for contacting us and sorry about the delayed response. In order to read oil temp on your vehicle, you would need to run an oil temp sensor into one of the 2 auxiliary inputs. Our gauge's software does not currently read oil temp for your vehicle. Please let me know if there is anything else I can assist you with or if you have any more questions.

Thanks!

Jake Thomas
Director of Operations
P3 Cars

Weird because I do have an oil temp. Which I sent him

onefastGTI1

Ready to race!
I believe we can get the euro specs oil pan, which has a hole for the sensor, and oil level/temp sensor but it's gonna cost quite some money.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Maybe you're "that guy" who got a euro spec car and not a US car. Since a bunch of people tell ya there isn't a oil temp sensor. P3 even tells you they dont read oil temps on their gauge.

Yet you still are pushing that you have this.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
you want to take some pics of what the gauge actually says? Maybe it will help people fully help you.

P_layton

Ready to race!
Here is the second reply. Very useful information

Like to thank P3 for getting back to me

I just talked to our developer and he informed me that on some of our earlier gauges we did offer oil temp as a feature. However, it would read correctly to a certain point and then just go to a stored value once up to temp. The reading was the same when using VAG-COM. So once we came out with a newer software version we no longer offered oil temp on that platform. Our gauge functions the same as a VAG-COM would when monitoring values. It is simply reporting what values are reported to it from the ECU. I am sorry about the confusion. Did you have further questions about this function?

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Here is the second reply. Very useful information

Like to thank P3 for getting back to me

I just talked to our developer and he informed me that on some of our earlier gauges we did offer oil temp as a feature. However, it would read correctly to a certain point and then just go to a stored value once up to temp. The reading was the same when using VAG-COM. So once we came out with a newer software version we no longer offered oil temp on that platform. Our gauge functions the same as a VAG-COM would when monitoring values. It is simply reporting what values are reported to it from the ECU. I am sorry about the confusion. Did you have further questions about this function?

Yep. So what everyone had been telling you from the start. Thats its a fabricated number based on coolant temps.