GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat16:Race For 10K Posts - Will Achieve Oct 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

TSI_Guy

Go Kart Champion
Oh then you can definitely find something in that price range. If you're going to yank and build the engine try and find yourself an 01, they usually go for cheaper since in 02 they upped the power to 405. If you find a white one.... holy grail :wub:

I'd like to do the same after a few years with mine. At some point it'll have a 400+ ci forged engine and a lot more nitrous than it has now lol

Cool on the roadster, that's a pretty sweet little toy to have for sure.

TSI_Guy

Go Kart Champion
Sorry for my lack of knowledge. What's the big difference from the base to the c5z?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Honestly, I can't list it all off the top of my head.

The LS6 is a modified LS1 (which comes in the base)...higher comp ratio, more aggressive cam, better heads, better intake. It's built off the FRC body/chassis which is the stiffest and lightest C5 available. It has all the extra bracing of the convertible, without the weight of the convertible. It's the only corvette that came in a hardtop (no targa option). It has better suspension as well, titanium catback, nicer seats, etc....

Lots of small stuff. If you google it, I'm sure you can find it all.

TSI_Guy

Go Kart Champion
I have a buddy that got a low miles Z06 for $15k. But he bought it at a dealer auction and it is an ‘02. It’s what pushed me to say all in and finally do the Caddyvette

Your caddyvette is ballerific. That's an amazing deal right there.

Once you drive one the gears in your head start moving and justifying the purchase becomes so much easier all of a sudden :p;):D

TSI_Guy

Go Kart Champion
LS6 is cooler with a 1.9L whipple blower

Or a nice procharger right on the front.

Cool thing about those whipples is that you need an aftermarket hood, nice excuse to get a subtle cowl hood. I wish I had pics of the silver C5Z that this old dude owns in sarasota. I went to buy his stock wheels and he had the most beautiful silver C5Z with a magnuson blower on it.

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
Nice! Life goals once I finish the garage is to do a Factory Five Daytona Coupe with a built coyote or I pray voodoo if I could get my hands on one. It’s something I want to be a father sons project.

If I can a voodoo when the time comes I’ll snag it if it’s not ridicule. Otherwise, it’ll be a coyote motor. I mean the car weighs nothing so it’s never going to be wanting for more power no matter what V8 goes in there.

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
ChiChat16: Sanderzzz Hot Pursuit - Tonight On LiveVAG

C5’s are the performance bargain right now. I may just keep the roadster depending on how much of a flying coffin it is though.

flying_solo

Go Kart Champion
If I can a voodoo when the time comes I’ll snag it if it’s not ridicule. Otherwise, it’ll be a coyote motor. I mean the car weighs nothing so it’s never going to be wanting for more power no matter what V8 goes in there.

It’s the sound of the voodoo. The name is appropriate. I hear it and become entranced.

Your caddyvette is ballerific. That's an amazing deal right there.

Once you drive one the gears in your head start moving and justifying the purchase becomes so much easier all of a sudden :p;):D

Like E85 conversion to save money on fuel and oh shucks 700 HP as well!

Or a nice procharger right on the front.

Cool thing about those whipples is that you need an aftermarket hood, nice excuse to get a subtle cowl hood. I wish I had pics of the silver C5Z that this old dude owns in sarasota. I went to buy his stock wheels and he had the most beautiful silver C5Z with a magnuson blower on it.

I haven’t even considered it .......

flying_solo

Go Kart Champion
C5’s are the performance bargain right now. I may just keep the roadster depending on how much of a flying coffin it is though.

FF makes good kits and they even have the roadster in NASA and SCCA series. I met a guy with a viper motor in his that tracked it.

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
FF makes good kits and they even have the roadster in NASA and SCCA series. I met a guy with a viper motor in his that tracked it.

Oh it’s definitely a weapon, but it still is a home built tubular chassis open top roadster. Essentially a go kart with bolt on windshield and a fiberglass body lol.

EJBGTIVI

Autocross Champion
Congrats Frank! and I second Adams detail spray. EJ got me onto it and no regrets here. I use chemical guys for soap now, but still finish with Adams. I have well water and I don’t have water spots when washing my black beauties thanks to Adams and Chemical guys.

The cars are clean as well. ;)

:wub:

RoyB1

Go Kart Champion
Probably more than most would be willing to spend on such a car.

$24k, 2002, 28k miles. Immaculate condition though and *knock on wood* it's been rock solid for a year now.

Honestly, not that bad a price. Low miles really raise price on these cars. I've been looking here and there and just can't justify it yet. I bought my 99 FRC for 20K with 16K miles on it....about 10 years ago. Crazy that vettes hit the 20K mark and just stay right around that number.

flying_solo

Go Kart Champion
It’s the bang for the buck. A c5z is so much car, it’s never going to be in Miata used territory

Jaber

Modero
Should get the car back this evening or tomorrow. Yesterday they determined it was leaking from the radiator, right in the middle. Since I'm outside of the 3/yr/36k mile warranty and it's not covered under powertrain, they went through the extended warranty. Adjuster came out today and approved the work. Picked up their loaner yesterday, it barely fits into my garage lol. Since I have my side of the garage setup to fit around the GTI.

Status
Not open for further replies.