GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat16:Race For 10K Posts - Will Achieve Oct 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
Time to list the house, and buy a new one with property. Then... 40x80 pole barn.

flying_solo

Go Kart Champion
Time to list the house, and buy a new one with property. Then... 40x80 pole barn.

That’s what started this. Getting quotes on building a garage larger than 624 sq gt requires full foundation. Where i want to build has an incline of 3’ from one side of proposed garage to the other end. That means a step foundation and more excavation. I could be in 17k on foundation alone! So I says to myself, maybe I should move along my investment plans and take what I squirreled away for the garage and invest in something that has space I can use and have it pay for itself. For the right investment I would even pull from an IRA for cash.

But, I need to fully understand all the gotchas and risks before I go and blow a chunk of my retirement and huge chunk of cash. This has been a long term goal of mine, but timing or at least Crook County may not be right.

cbaumy34

Go Kart Champion
That’s what started this. Getting quotes on building a garage larger than 624 sq gt requires full foundation. Where i want to build has an incline of 3’ from one side of proposed garage to the other end. That means a step foundation and more excavation. I could be in 17k on foundation alone! So I says to myself, maybe I should move along my investment plans and take what I squirreled away for the garage and invest in something that has space I can use and have it pay for itself. For the right investment I would even pull from an IRA for cash.

But, I need to fully understand all the gotchas and risks before I go and blow a chunk of my retirement and huge chunk of cash. This has been a long term goal of mine, but timing or at least Crook County may not be right.
Nailed it need to move where you won't get raped in taxes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

TSI_Guy

Go Kart Champion
I gotta say I like the drag racing vs road racing debates better than the DSG vs Manual.

I mean, we all know manual is better anyways. Nice to get some fresh topics going.

Jaber

Modero
I gotta say I like the drag racing vs road racing debates better than the DSG vs Manual.

I mean, we all know manual is better anyways. Nice to get some fresh topics going.

Yeah, it’s cool to jiggle the stick every so often to remind yourself you swing for the other team.

TSI_Guy

Go Kart Champion
It's 2017 you can't assume my sexuality like that. Thank you.

I remember when I had my DSG doe. Was way easier to jerk my boy while driving. Wait whut....

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
So I says to myself,

And you may find yourself behind the wheel of a large automobile.
And you may find yourself in a beautiful house...
With a beautiful wife...
And you may ask yourself
Well...
How did I get here?

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
It's 2017 you can't assume my sexuality like that. Thank you.

I remember when I had my DSG doe. Was way easier to jerk my boy while driving. Wait whut....

ive tried to shake my dsg shifter tbh. old habit.

i dont get the whole manual trans vs dsg debate...dsg has manual mode too...its just faster who cares. :iono:

Public Forum Service Announcement: Happy Halloween to everyone by the way. Be safe and park your cars in the garage tonight, thank you.

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
Manual trans is fun to drive, as is DSG. more fun to drive manual, and takes hella more skill on any track (drag or HPDE) to drive with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion

Some grade A parking at Little Cesar's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
Manual trans is fun to drive, as is DSG. more fun to drive manual, and takes hella more skill on any track (drag or HPDE) to drive with.
dsg is fun at the track , but definitely not as fun or hard as manual trans yeah.

real talk though, lets talk about the guys who have automanual cars at the track who leave it in D mode when driving. that double downshifting lmfao..cant even shift at the paddles? da fuq

I like whatever debates get Roy the most fired up :iono:

Status
Not open for further replies.