GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat16:Race For 10K Posts - Will Achieve Oct 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
real talk though, lets talk about the guys who have automanual cars at the track who leave it in D mode when driving. that double downshifting lmfao..cant even shift at the paddles? da fuq

DSG might be different but with the Porsche PDK - quickest lap times as proven by both Dan Clarke and my buddy Mo @ Autobahn were done leaving the trans in "D".

On "North" course it was worth not quite a second. Low 1:07s in a GTB1 Cayman PDK.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
DSG might be different but with the Porsche PDK - quickest lap times as proven by both Dan Clarke and my buddy Mo @ Autobahn were done leaving the trans in "D".

On "North" course it was worth not quite a second. Low 1:07s in a GTB1 Cayman PDK.

jawn confirmed the same about dsg before when he had his a3. But then the automatic folks can't say they "are driving in manual mode"

clownish

just clowning around
jawn confirmed the same about dsg before when he had his a3. But then the automatic folks can't say they "are driving in manual mode"

Literally every dsg post has people claiming that. I don't believe it at all and it bugs the hell out of me. I have two dsg cars and I leave them in D most of the time. That's specifically why I bought an automatic - to be lazy as hell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Literally every dsg post has people claiming that. I don't believe it at all and it bugs the hell out of me. I have two dsg cars and I leave them in D most of the time. That's specifically why I bought an automatic - to be lazy as hell.

Do you autox or go to the track? Run a few laps in D, another few in M and see what your times are.

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie

Claiming what?

That D is faster?
Or that people can claim using "M" mode on track?

Do you autox or go to the track? Run a few laps in D, another few in M and see what your times are.

^^^

Seen it myself from two drivers I personally respect. Dan Clarke is a former Indycar driver and current professional driving coach, he's been working with my buddy Mo (and once I get my POS sorted, will likely spend a few days with him in 2018). His personal results and advice mirror what I posted above.... "D" is faster.

**edit** I'm referring specifically to TRACK usage. Autocross - "M" mode I imagine would be quicker, for the ability to deliberately short-shift up to the next gear. Last time I AX'd a PDK car it wanted to hang on to low gear way too long, and it made it hard to put the power down and be smooth. Medium speed turns in 1st gear at 6000rpm were slower than in 2nd gear at 3500 because it was easier to put the power down and modulate.

Last edited:

clownish

just clowning around
ChiChat16: Roy Declares Jay A DBag; Street Races For Money To Ensue

People with dsg claim to daily their cars in manual mode extremely suspiciously frequently. In daily driving I leave that in D and just putter my way to work through traffic.

Ive autoXed, usually a few times a year, but never seriously. Just slap it into 2/3rd gear and never shift basically. Both dsgs are tuned with no kickdowns so I usually leave it in S mode not manual mode which ends up basically being the same thing

On the drag strip, M has been the most regular because of the D wanting to shift as high as possible, even with tunes.

On road course, Ive just left it in S typically but it's been years and I haven't run a road course since the tcu was tuned last year.

RoyB1

Go Kart Champion
I never use M mode on my DSG. Maybe 3 times in the past 3 years. I hate the linear shifting that it pretty much forces you to use.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion

Interesting, ill have to try it out next time. Ive always tracked in M mode cause i like to hold gears. Sometimes ill upshift to a higher gear if stuck behind someone in a no passing zone as well.

id love to try out more dual clutch systems, i heard evo x was good. also on my want to drive list is minicooper s automatic, pdk, bmws automatic and mercedes automatic.
People with dsg claim to daily their cars in manual mode extremely suspiciously frequently. In daily driving I leave that in D and just putter my way to work through traffic.

Ive autoXed, usually a few times a year, but never seriously. Just slap it into 2/3rd gear and never shift basically. Both dsgs are tuned with no kickdowns so I usually leave it in S mode not manual mode which ends up basically being the same thing

On the drag strip, M has been the most regular because of the D wanting to shift as high as possible, even with tunes.

On road course, Ive just left it in S typically but it's been years and I haven't run a road course since the tcu was tuned last year.

i drive my car in M mode everyday. its definitely not as smooth as D mode but i like being in control of gear/rpm im in.

rarely will i put my car in automatic mode...even in bumper to bumper traffic. main reason? ...cause D mode will put the car in 6th gear by 35-40 mph. which is WAY too low.

not a fan of S mode , holds the rpms too high and too long

Jaber

Modero
I need to turn off the alerts on my camera sooner than I thought. Apparently some kids are already going around the sub division collecting candy.... They must not be from around our sub division, because they would know, no one is home right now, we're all at work :lol:

TSI_Guy

Go Kart Champion
I need to turn off the alerts on my camera sooner than I thought. Apparently some kids are already going around the sub division collecting candy.... They must not be from around our sub division, because they would know, no one is home right now, we're all at work [emoji38]
Best time to steal any candy people leave outside!

Happy Halloween bois.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
dsg is fun at the track , but definitely not as fun or hard as manual trans yeah.

real talk though, lets talk about the guys who have automanual cars at the track who leave it in D mode when driving. that double downshifting lmfao..cant even shift at the paddles? da fuq

Lmao. I'll get there someday. Just leave it in sport on track.

Status
Not open for further replies.