GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat16:Race For 10K Posts - Will Achieve Oct 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

EJBGTIVI

Autocross Champion
$3 burritos/tacos/bowls at Chipotle 3pm - close. Today only. Going to stop on my way home, hopefully its not too crowded. I rather pay the extra 4 bucks than have to wait in line for half an hour.

cbaumy34

Go Kart Champion
$3 burritos/tacos/bowls at Chipotle 3pm - close. Today only. Going to stop on my way home, hopefully its not too crowded. I rather pay the extra 4 bucks than have to wait in line for half an hour.
Sounds like a good night

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

TSI_Guy

Go Kart Champion
Score. Got 6 double chicken tacos and chips and salsa for 8 bucks.

Dangggg that's great for $8 at chipotle! Even got double chicken.

RoyB1

Go Kart Champion
Gonna start seeing if any replacements are out there. I have enough equity in the R to make it worth while.

RS3- Looks to be awesome on paper, but I hear they are tiny inside and a little expensive for what you get. Probably over what I want to spend. A drivers car though.

S4- Looks promising. Probably on par with my R or a little slower after a tune.

BMWs? I see a lot of people that complain about them after they own them.

240/M2 looks small, but fits the price range. Can get with manual too.

340/used M3 I crossed the 335i when shopping for my R and was a little let down.

ZL1. Doubt I can get one for 55. Plus they are a little "in your face"

CTS-V Out of my range for a new one. Even 2016s are in the mid 60s.

Used C63/C63s. Not sure I want to be a MB snob though. I also imagine they are ridiculously expensive to repair because MB

Mustang, never been a fan

SRT Hellcat- They seem overplayed and too heavy. Likely due for a huge redesign in a couple years which would drop the value of any new one. I like the refresh of the charger though.

What happened to all the cool cars? Everyone making Electric cars now?

bart2278

Go Kart Champion
All of those cars are cool. What the hell are you looking for Roy? Sounds like you are looking for a Golf R. The good news is you have one.

Sanderzzz

Go Kart Champion
S3/RS3 isn’t really THAT tiny. Drove my buddy’s several times before he sold it and I fit very comfortably. (6’1” 195lbs)

2017 S4 is now turbo’d vice charged. Better potential with that on a tune.

ZL1 is a two door Cadillac, who cares if it stands out?

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
S3/RS3 should be the same size as your GoRf. Same platform, pretty sure.

S4 - if you remember MVR155 from back in the day... he loves his.

BMW... I'm personally not a fan of anything they make anymore.

What about a C7 w/Z51 package, or a Grand Sport?

EJBGTIVI

Autocross Champion
i can make that same burrito at home for $2

Im going to call you out on this, I don't think you can. Please break it down how you can make it for $2.

Not to mention , you cant buy stuff to make just one. By the time you walk out the store with everthing you need your're probably out easily 20 bucks

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
S3/RS3 should be the same size as your GoRf. Same platform, pretty sure.

S4 - if you remember MVR155 from back in the day... he loves his.

BMW... I'm personally not a fan of anything they make anymore.

What about a C7 w/Z51 package, or a Grand Sport?

Grand Sport is a beautiful car, got destroyed by one at Autobahn. Great driver, great car. Driver was doing 2:40 around full track.

Im going to call you out on this, I don't think you can. Please break it down how you can make it for $2.

Not to mention , you cant buy stuff to make just one. By the time you walk out the store with everthing you need your're probably out easily 20 bucks

$20 will make me 10 fully loaded burritos all day. I can do it for $1.60 actually. Just did it recently. Mexican food shouldnt be expensive.

Jaber

Modero

Burritos for daaaayyys.

RoyB1

Go Kart Champion
All of those cars are cool. What the hell are you looking for Roy? Sounds like you are looking for a Golf R. The good news is you have one.

Good question and I'm having a hard time figuring it out. Just looking for a switch up. I have had the R for 3 years now, which is about the time I get antsy for a new vehicle.

Something fun to drive that's not a boat and is fast as all getout with a little modding, while having room inside. I would be set on an RS6 wagon, but Americans are too prestigious for station wagons. My SRT Magnum was an absolute blast in 2006, although slow by today's standards.

Something sleeperish and not obnoxious looking while being unique. I've had a C5, older srt, 4th gen transam, and a host of other cars (I think my count is deep into the 20s now)...all fun cars but now I've been spoiled by the VAG. Rs3 with a tune is now faster than my modded to hell transam, but looks like an understated sedan. I kind of want a proper v8 and manual gearbox for the next toy though, although I am not married to the idea.

S3/RS3 isn’t really THAT tiny. Drove my buddy’s several times before he sold it and I fit very comfortably. (6’1” 195lbs)

2017 S4 is now turbo’d vice charged. Better potential with that on a tune.

ZL1 is a two door Cadillac, who cares if it stands out?

What about back seat room and cargo carrying capacity? Looks like new s8s are stuck in the mid-high 11s right now. That's where I sit with the R.

Status
Not open for further replies.