GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat16:Race For 10K Posts - Will Achieve Oct 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobLobLaw

Go Kart Champion
This is the buttplug exchange forum, correct?

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
Anyone else planning on tracking their car next year?

Im hoping to do 6-8 events.

Grattan is at the top of the list for me since somewhat locally...looks like a rollercoaster from what ive seen in jays footage.

Blackhawk farms was stupid fun, local and much more clean/updated of a track than i expected from videos .

You have my attention... PM me.

TSI_Guy

Go Kart Champion

Well dang, look who it is! Sup dude.

Stress levels at all time high or nah? K04 bonerz? in4deetz

BobLobLaw

Go Kart Champion
oh wow, bobloblaw makes his triumphant return

Oh hai, I’m here for the gangbang.

Anyone else planning on tracking their car next year?

Im hoping to do 6-8 events.

Grattan is at the top of the list for me since somewhat locally...looks like a rollercoaster from what ive seen in jays footage.

Blackhawk farms was stupid fun, local and much more clean/updated of a track than i expected from videos .

You have my attention... PM me.

PM’d, prepare ur bunghole.

Well dang, look who it is! Sup dude.

Stress levels at all time high or nah? K04 bonerz? in4deetz

Sup, brah. K04 bonerz season is over with this poop weather, unfortunately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Oh hai, I’m here for the gangbang.

cbaumy34

Go Kart Champion
Took the R today. I forget how fun it is. 11,120 miles.
There you go just spend more time in the R.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
11k miles in 3 years?

You haven't enjoyed it enough. Drive that thing more.

RoyB1

Go Kart Champion
stopped at MB dealer. Not real impressed with the sales experience there either. Guy recgonized my last name and turns out he sold my dad a couple cars like 15 years ago at a different dealer (impressive).

However, when he asked what I was looking for and I told him I wasn't sure of the MB lineup, he lost all interest. Couldn't tell me the difference between their models other than one has a little more power.

Told him I was crossing Audi and BMW. He said he worked for Audi so he knew their cars. I said OK good, I am looking for something between an RS3 and S4. He pulls up a 2013 CL 500 for $57K :iono:

I said, no, I am looking for a sedan. So he flips through his online catalog and pulls up a nice c240 or something like that :confused:

I said, dude, I am looking for something with some power. I told you I was look at the RS/S line and M lines.

So he eventually determines that I want a C class. Either a C43 or C63 (amg). I ask what the difference is.... "the 63 has a little more power".

He said "when we get some in, I will call you". Never offered to even look at a regular C class. I finally asked to see one, and he pointed to one on the floor and said, over there. I sat in the back- There's less head room than the small RS3. Meh.

Felt this guy was not interested in selling a car or putting the effort into it. I have gotten way better service shopping for a $7,000 used car at Lexus than I did at the Audi and MB dealer so far.

The icing on the cake is when I tell them I am looking for something with a little more power than my Golf. Their heads explode.

There you go just spend more time in the R.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

11k miles in 3 years?

You haven't enjoyed it enough. Drive that thing more.

I know. I really haven't driven it much this year at all. Since I got my truck, I don't bother taking the R out anymore for daily driving.

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
I’d get something a lot less practical than a sports sedan if your only going to drive it 3,666 miles per year and store it for almost half the year.

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
stopped at MB dealer. Not real impressed with the sales experience there either. Guy recgonized my last name and turns out he sold my dad a couple cars like 15 years ago at a different dealer (impressive).

However, when he asked what I was looking for and I told him I wasn't sure of the MB lineup, he lost all interest. Couldn't tell me the difference between their models other than one has a little more power.

Told him I was crossing Audi and BMW. He said he worked for Audi so he knew their cars. I said OK good, I am looking for something between an RS3 and S4. He pulls up a 2013 CL 500 for $57K :iono:

I said, no, I am looking for a sedan. So he flips through his online catalog and pulls up a nice c240 or something like that :confused:

I said, dude, I am looking for something with some power. I told you I was look at the RS/S line and M lines.

So he eventually determines that I want a C class. Either a C43 or C63 (amg). I ask what the difference is.... "the 63 has a little more power".

He said "when we get some in, I will call you". Never offered to even look at a regular C class. I finally asked to see one, and he pointed to one on the floor and said, over there. I sat in the back- There's less head room than the small RS3. Meh.

Felt this guy was not interested in selling a car or putting the effort into it. I have gotten way better service shopping for a $7,000 used car at Lexus than I did at the Audi and MB dealer so far.

The icing on the cake is when I tell them I am looking for something with a little more power than my Golf. Their heads explode.

I know. I really haven't driven it much this year at all. Since I got my truck, I don't bother taking the R out anymore for daily driving.

Well... just to throw out an alternative translation of your experience... could it be merely that they were trying not to be "high pressure"? Likely NOT but just throwing that out there. When we bought my old Audi A6 years ago and my wife was still doing sales, she went into the dealer between client visits. She was driving my old A4 (wasn't "old" back then), in a suit (skirt), heels, etc. and couldn't get ANY of the sales guys to give her the time of day. She was asking specific "buying" questions and they didn't give a shit. In between getting irritated, an older couple (mid-50s?), husband/wife, with the husband wearing Dr. scrubs walk through the door and she said practically ALL the salesmen tripped over themselves running over to see if they needed help.

Wasn't until my wife name-dropped the owner of the dealership (he and I used to race together) that she got some traction.

Some dealers decide right away that you're not going to buy, and ignore you.

So far, ever since my Corvette some 17 years ago, when I go car shopping, I deliberately look like a scrub. If they treat me like a customer, they get my business. If they look me up and down... then fuck 'em.

I bought 3 Porsches from MotorWerks Barrington. Ratty shorts, Target flip flops, T-shirt. Treated like a serious customer from the time I walked in the door.

If you want to run over there I can point you to a sales guy or two to get you started on the Porsche side. They sell Porsche, BMW, Benz, Infiniti (and Honda but meh.)

I hear these are expensive to maintain....

The 996TT is the bargain of the century right now. Starting to rebound in value. And maintenance actually isn't bad... the turbo motor is based off the Mezger platform (which is what all the race car motors were based off of) - NOT the M96 platform that the non-turbos had (and were plagued with problems.)

Pretty easy to get 500+hp out of one, too.

I’d get something a lot less practical than a sports sedan if your only going to drive it 3,666 miles per year and store it for almost half the year.

Yep.

Status
Not open for further replies.