GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat16:Race For 10K Posts - Will Achieve Oct 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phur

Autocross Champion
ChiChat16: Ej Demands Kids get Off His Lawn

Hey EJ, sounds like a perfect time to upgrade to the dynamic turn signals. [emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EJBGTIVI

Autocross Champion
That's still nuts, Jeeps are such junk.

Clearly, people pay for them, as I see them everywhere. Still nuts. Especially since 90% of them never get used for anything other than posing in the HS parking lot and/or going to the grocery store.

They are the new hipster-mobile

EJBGTIVI

Autocross Champion

RoyB1

Go Kart Champion
That's still nuts, Jeeps are such junk.

Clearly, people pay for them, as I see them everywhere. Still nuts. Especially since 90% of them never get used for anything other than posing in the HS parking lot and/or going to the grocery store.

They really are from the bottom of the barrel parts bin. I really liked my 98 XJ Cherokee. I ended up selling that one because it was rusting something fierce. Wheeled it and beat the snot out of it. Sold it 3 years after I bought it for damn near what I paid for it.

That is the only thing they have going for them. They retain so much value when you sell them. I look at used ones and they are STILL $30K with 50K miles on them. I rather just buy new at that point. Mine would take place of my 4Runner which is just a small around town beater. I figure I might as well get a Rubicon so that I can get into wheeling again and not have to do much work to get to it to be capable.

The new models really are nice inside, but I am not buying a luxury vehicle. You thought everyone had them before, just wait. Now they come with blind spot and sensors all around. I am looking at late 90s/early 2000s models with the 4.0, but most are rusted out to nothing. The ones that aren't, people want $15K for them. It's crazy.

EJBGTIVI

Autocross Champion
They really are from the bottom of the barrel parts bin. I really liked my 98 XJ Cherokee. I ended up selling that one because it was rusting something fierce. Wheeled it and beat the snot out of it. Sold it 3 years after I bought it for damn near what I paid for it.

That is the only thing they have going for them. They retain so much value when you sell them. I look at used ones and they are STILL $30K with 50K miles on them. I rather just buy new at that point. Mine would take place of my 4Runner which is just a small around town beater. I figure I might as well get a Rubicon so that I can get into wheeling again and not have to do much work to get to it to be capable.

The new models really are nice inside, but I am not buying a luxury vehicle. You thought everyone had them before, just wait. Now they come with blind spot and sensors all around. I am looking at late 90s/early 2000s models with the 4.0, but most are rusted out to nothing. The ones that aren't, people want $15K for them. It's crazy.

One of my buddies had a Wrangler back in the mid 80s - talk about Spartan interiors -

DUBPL8

Go Kart Champion
Is there enough forum traffic to justify making a thread in the General Car Discussions on here?

DUBPL8

Go Kart Champion
Was thinking of making a thread about my TDI replacement(s), but wasn't sure if it's worth the effort due to limited traffic these days :(

Status
Not open for further replies.