GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Meth Injection, Making my own - Any tips?

Mr_Dog

Ready to race!
It is not as easy as it seems but if you are planning on doing this and in no hurry I would gladly assist as well.

The one thing you would need if you plan on going the 91/100 route is to have a fail safe. The last thing you want is to be running 100oct file and you get no meth.

JonVW

Passed Driver's Ed
It is not as easy as it seems but if you are planning on doing this and in no hurry I would gladly assist as well.

The one thing you would need if you plan on going the 91/100 route is to have a fail safe. The last thing you want is to be running 100oct file and you get no meth.

Any help would be awesome! I totally agree a failsafe would be needed no matter what, the question is what could I use as a failsafe :confused:

Anyways the project is off to a good start with a nice upgrade, instead of a hobbs pressure switch I picked up a used Devils Own flow controller for a dirt cheap $50. I lowballed the guy on eBay and surprisingly he took it.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
From what i've been seeing while trying to make my own kit, it seems that aquamist and aem are the two main options. And boy, once you add a failsafe, for the price it starts making more sense to just get the full aquamist kit. I've never heard anything saying it's smarter to make your own kit.

So far i've got a pump, pump bracket, upgraded snow solenoid, a mafu controller, and throttle pipe. Still need nozzles (thinking 225ml with filters), line, a y fitting, tank, two check-valves, and a throttle spacer. think thats it. oh, and a failsafe. lol

i'm also going to try running it on a race tune.

JonVW

Passed Driver's Ed
From what i've been seeing while trying to make my own kit, it seems that aquamist and aem are the two main options. And boy, once you add a failsafe, for the price it starts making more sense to just get the full aquamist kit. I've never heard anything saying it's smarter to make your own kit.

So far i've got a pump, pump bracket, upgraded snow solenoid, a mafu controller, and throttle pipe. Still need nozzles (thinking 225ml with filters), line, a y fitting, tank, two check-valves, and a throttle spacer. think thats it. oh, and a failsafe. lol

i'm also going to try running it on a race tune.

Damn. That is definitely a lot and I see what you mean by needing a failsafe the price just goes way up. For my custom done kit for now (without a failsafe) I may just run it to protect the engine when using low end fuel for a 93 tune