GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2012 GTi has arrived

Cloudlink041

Ready to race!
The wheels are definitely growing on me!

btufail

Ready to race!
I don't really like the new rims. Now these rims from the 2012 Golf R would've been nice!

Last edited:
Detroits.... please. Those Adidas wheels are nice, but belong on a Civic si... or Forte Koup...

nice color!

igrigorik

Grexx: what options do you have on your 2012? Are the LED lights + new wheels standard? Looking at the pics you posted, its a cloth interior, correct?

Thanks a lot for posting these.. Think I know what I'm in the market for now. :)

noname1

Ready to race!
Basically the only options we picked for it were the tech package, 18" wheel/trim package, sunroof, and 6spd MT. The pics don't show everything in the new trim package as there was a whole bunch of stuff in a bag in the trunk.
The std wheels would still be the 17" Denvers.

LED headlights are now standard equipment as is bi-xenon headlights in Canada, im pretty sure the LED's are also in the US but you would have to pick a higher package in the states to get bi-xenons. Cloth interior is correct, owned a car once with leather and with the weather temp extreemes (-30C in winter to +26C in Summer) I can live with cloth better over the winter.
Now, if VW would only come out with heated steering wheels like they have in BMW we would be very very happy!

btufail

Ready to race!
I love my detroits. I get a lot of looks with the detroits. The LED's are a nice addition, but I would've like to seen the LED's follow the contour of the lamp assembly more instead of that "U" pattern (tiguan). Something like the A4. JMHO!

Last edited:

Cloudlink041

Ready to race!
3rd week of July now, I hope they make it to the US soon!

t'sGTI

Go Kart Champion
Nice car, good luck with it.

Don't much care for the LED's. All the car mfr's are going crazy with it now.
They sort of look "tacked on". Kind of like the clear or ice taillight lenses a few years back, they will be everywhere!

f00kie1

Go Kart Champion
I have just received word that I should be getting the car within a week! It's arriving at the Toronto train depot on Wednesday, and then it'll take a few days for it to make it to the dealer. Can't wait.

eToddy

I have just received word that I should be getting the car within a week! It's arriving at the Toronto train depot on Wednesday, and then it'll take a few days for it to make it to the dealer. Can't wait.

Hey thanks for the tracking tip. I reached out to my dealer yesterday and he called me right back letting me know they had just unwrapped my car. I'll be picking it up this weekend.

f00kie1

Go Kart Champion
Hey thanks for the tracking tip. I reached out to my dealer yesterday and he called me right back letting me know they had just unwrapped my car. I'll be picking it up this weekend.

Mine is actually at the dealership too; arrived today. I'm having issues because the insurance company says the VIN is invalid. Hope to pick it up before the weekend!

Grexx

Just placed my order today 2012 CW / Jacky cloth / Serron package. Hope to get it soon!

Congrats on the new purchase. We are enjoying ours so far. Good choice with the Serron Package. I used to be a Detroit fan but with these wheels are starting to grow on me. They look better in person IMO than the pictures. If its in your budget; go buy an R tail. They will complete the look of the car. Waiting is the hard part but worth it. :)