GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI Data Logging Compendium

FLtrooper

Go Kart Champion
I agree. I have logged timing in the past and it was below -5.

Could be. I will put a new tank of Sunoco 93 in tonight. Last tank was Marathon 93, which is what I usually run.

Changes in the last 6 months include new plugs and R8 coil packs, purely from a preventative maintenance stand point. I will check the plug gap this week.

Are you having any misfires?

Add the Sunoco and Lower the gap to 0.025 and try some new logs.

:thumbsup:

GeeTeeEee

Ready to race!
Very very rarely. I logged last week and under normal driving and full throttle my miss fire counter captured 1 miss fire. I will try your recommendations.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

ns01gti

Go Kart Champion
APR v2.0 K04 93 octane
APR Intercooler
APR Stage 1 Carbonio
AWE Turbo back exhaust

Temp: 45 degrees
Rel. Humidity: 38%

All logs were done in 3rd gear.

That's the most timing pull I've seen from any APR 93oct file. Still not way out of line, but maybe Arin or Bronson can comment further.

What jumped out at me was your MAF readings. Among the lowest I've seen actually.

mdhollis

Go Kart Champion
You guys should graph ignition angle as well so we can see how much timing advance you are running after the pull

reillyse

Go Kart Champion
That's the most timing pull I've seen from any APR 93oct file. Still not way out of line, but maybe Arin or Bronson can comment further.

What jumped out at me was your MAF readings. Among the lowest I've seen actually.

I can't comment on the timing pull, but the reason the maf numbers are low is because the logs weren't done to/near redline. He has another 1k RPMs in his powerband.

mdhollis

Go Kart Champion
^Dude I have been trying for the past couple of days to graph my logs lol. I'm getting there but I'm not there yet. Email John@UNI, or Grambles. They can do it for you

reillyse

Go Kart Champion
Thanks to John@Unitronic for graphing these for me. Mods are in sig. I am DSG and this was a 4th gear pull done in 60 degree weather.

Attachments

• logs.jpg
    logs.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 518

FLtrooper

Go Kart Champion
BIG Thanks to John@UNI for graphing these logs for me.

12' GLI / APR v2 K04 93oct with stock exhaust..

They seem to follow the typical APR pattern. I have a feeling the UNI 2+ tune with higher timing would help with the lack of responsiveness I am yearning for!

:thumbsup:

Djunited1

Go Kart Champion
Why is it some logs show actual to be more than requested while others meet requested?

drepai

Go Kart Champion
I need to stop being lazy and log my car.
There's a serious lack of GIAC k04 logs on this forum...