GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Loki's Shadow Blue Tachikoma

little_loki

Ready to race!
Alright, this is going to be a slow and steady process;
BUT I have already done a few little things to get this journal goin' :)

I have a 2010 6mt Shadow Blue Metallic GTI w/ Black Karthoums and the Autobahn package. I have big but simple plans for her; I want to keep it clean and euro.

The list is as follows:

Cosmetic:

Interior foot well lights--red {x}
Some % Tint someday {still researching cali laws n shiz}
Painted side markers
Delete grill and hatch GTI emblems
Paint black honeycomb on front grill Galaxy Black {leaving the red stripe}
Galaxy Black engine and battery cover {x}
GTI rubber mats {x}
Mud flaps {shit gets dirty where I'm from}
Some sort of new shoes {wheels/rims}
Move license plate to side {x}
Crystal fog bulbs
Fill 5 holes in bumper the dealer drilled for
initial license plate placement :mad0259:

Performance:
APR Carbonio Intake {x}
APR Stage II Intake System
APR Turbo Back exhaust
Forge Twintercooler
Bilstein or H&R Coilovers
A set of track wheels&&tires
APR Front and Rear Sway bars {derr}
Oil pressure gauge
Boost gauge
{looking into an APR tune}

and possibly more to add...

Will update as I go, but I can promise you the really important upgrades will not come until probably this coming summer due to money and allowing the engine to get broken in. :)

I will update my cosmetic jobs since most are pretty inexpensive and fun to look at. Working on doing a photoshoot with a friend up top Tilden with the entire bay behind me and the car ^.^ {its a killer drive too}

So please stay tuned AND GIVE ME ANY TIPS PLEASE

And remember; I'm a girl so please go easy on me ... :p

<3 Loki

___________update___________________

Just finished painting the Engine Cover :)
Used some spray paint from the Home Cheapo
A little bit of masking tape & paper
My balocony and wallah!
Heres some pics :) won't have any of it on the engine till tomorrow though :p its too dark out.

now she's ready for a little bit of showin' :p
{just a little though}
And I added sway bars to my performance list {can't believe i forgot that derpp}

Attachments

• front_plate.jpg
    front_plate.jpg
    385.8 KB · Views: 500
  • Intake.jpg
    Intake.jpg
    309.8 KB · Views: 428
  • red_footwells.jpg
    red_footwells.jpg
    190.8 KB · Views: 344
  • Engine_cover_1.jpg
    Engine_cover_1.jpg
    278.2 KB · Views: 398
  • engine_cover_2.jpg
    engine_cover_2.jpg
    269.4 KB · Views: 420
  • engine_cover_3.jpg
    engine_cover_3.jpg
    308.9 KB · Views: 449
Last edited:

09vdubgti

Banned

git-r-done lulz

but jokes aside, you have a nice rack of a list there except for the exhaust which I already told you about. As for the dealer holes, unless you wanna go all out and get them professionally done there these plugs that you can get at home depot and just simply plug them in.

And dont forget you need a ECU tune too, add that to your list.

roastpuff

Go Kart Champion
Nice GITS reference...

But the GTI doesn't have spider legs. :D

Which license plate mounting system are you using?

little_loki

Ready to race!
Nice GITS reference...

But the GTI doesn't have spider legs. :D

Which license plate mounting system are you using?

haha i knooooooo but its a cute name for her :)

i used the stock one, just pulled it out and moved it over and down w/ some zip ties :p

Thanks to DJEuphoria awesome insight haha. He gave me the tips for that and the red footwells :)

little_loki

Ready to race!

git-r-done lulz

but jokes aside, you have a nice rack of a list there except for the exhaust which I already told you about. As for the dealer holes, unless you wanna go all out and get them professionally done there these plugs that you can get at home depot and just simply plug them in.

And dont forget you need a ECU tune too, add that to your list.

i dunnoos about the ECU tune. I is scared--I don't want to overload the block with powerr. We'll see. And as for the plugs, i totally would except its IMPOSSIBLE to color match this blue ):
If anyone has any tips PLEASE let me know. Blegh untill then, its saving up for some profesh to do 'em.

DJEuphoria

Go Kart Champion
yay i helped :thumbup:

haha anyways, i love that color!

good luck on all your future mods. but i'd suggest full coilovers over springs. that way they're adjustable and you don't have to worry about wrecking your stock shocks.

fully happy with my Racelands that i have installed. $300 on ebay with free shipping.

09vdubgti

Banned
i dunnoos about the ECU tune. I is scared--I don't want to overload the block with powerr. We'll see. And as for the plugs, i totally would except its IMPOSSIBLE to color match this blue ):
If anyone has any tips PLEASE let me know. Blegh untill then, its saving up for some profesh to do 'em.

ECU tune is safe, if you stick with APR theyre the safest and least aggressive tune.

Well if youre saving to get them done by a pro, might aswell shave some stuff from the front too.

little_loki

Ready to race!
yay i helped :thumbup:

haha anyways, i love that color!

good luck on all your future mods. but i'd suggest full coilovers over springs. that way they're adjustable and you don't have to worry about wrecking your stock shocks.

fully happy with my Racelands that i have installed. $300 on ebay with free shipping.

yes, yes you did :thanks: :) I have a Super Shadow figure i am going to send you a picture of btw lol ^.^

Of course full coilovers! I'm glad we think alike! But...i have never heard of Racelands :iono:

DJEuphoria

Go Kart Champion
yes, yes you did :thanks: :) I have a Super Shadow figure i am going to send you a picture of btw lol ^.^

Of course full coilovers! I'm glad we think alike! But...i have never heard of Racelands :iono:

they're eBay coils. notorious in the VW community lol. search ebay for raceland mk6 coilovers they come with a 3 year (or lifetime?) warranty as long as you get it installed by a professional. which i didn't. but still, my car is sitting nice and low and can STILL go lower but i'm starting to rub already and the ride is still surprisingly smooth!

bryanmn1

Ready to race!
Some % Tint someday {still researching cali laws n shiz}

The front windshield can have non reflective tint on the top 4 inches of the windshield. The front side windows must allow 70% light in. Back side windows and the hatch can be as dark as you like.

A lot of people in California break the law for the front side windows, it just how much risk you are willing to take. If you put 50%, police will probably pass on you. If you go to 10%, a bored officer may follow you. I have 35% tint on my front side windows, and CHP didn't say anything when they pulled me over for speeding.

I like your list of mods to come. If only I could afford the performance mods...

09vdubgti

Banned
well you mentioned the word "TRACK" in your list, I would stay away from Racelands if you have any plans of going to the track. Unless you mean a straight away 1/4 mile, theyre meant to just have a drop but for the track they will be to soft.

little_loki

Ready to race!
The front windshield can have non reflective tint on the top 4 inches of the windshield. The front side windows must allow 70% light in. Back side windows and the hatch can be as dark as you like.

A lot of people in California break the law for the front side windows, it just how much risk you are willing to take. If you put 50%, police will probably pass on you. If you go to 10%, a bored officer may follow you. I have 35% tint on my front side windows, and CHP didn't say anything when they pulled me over for speeding.

I like your list of mods to come. If only I could afford the performance mods...

Well thank you! Haha yes, if only I could too. It will be a long time coming. I'm hoping to get it all down within a year but YA RIGHT. Cost of living isn't going down anny time soon haha.

09vdubgti

Banned
Thats because yall be wasting all your monies on gucci handbags, hollister clothes, surf boards, fish tacos, etcccccccc