GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk6 vs. Asics Shihans

bonz

Passed Driver's Ed
I was waiting on a traffic light yesterday when going out for a drink, and a CSG Mk6 GTI pulled up too. When the light turned green, we started moving at the same time, but by the time I was even out of the intersection he was already very many car lengths ahead of me.

However, the Shihans are quite a bit cheaper than a GTI; does anybody know some mods I can buy to get them up to speed?

BigRobSA

Ready to race!

Throw some NoS on those b*tches! :D

Heathen1

To be honest dude, the Shihans are just not going to deliver the same performance. Even with extensive mods, you may still fall short, and it just won't be worth the cost.

If you are ever in the market for a new pair, I think some Asics 2120s would give the GTI (stock only) a good run. I have a similar pair of Mizunos, however, I still got stomped by a Stage 2 GTI.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
I think the reliability issues of the Asics will come into play in the long term. That model year has been plagued by issues that are well documented on their respective forums.

While a stage 1 may be sufficient, a stage 2 from a roll may really be your best shot.

GODSPEED.

bonz

Passed Driver's Ed
my old Asics' lack of traction control left me slipping in the winter...
after a pretty bad wreck that left me with a bruised hip, i decided i needed a change.
Ah, we don't have winter here, so I can run on summer rubber all year long.

bonz

Passed Driver's Ed
I think the reliability issues of the Asics will come into play in the long term. That model year has been plagued by issues that are well documented on their respective forums.

While a stage 1 may be sufficient, a stage 2 from a roll may really be your best shot.

GODSPEED.

Should I get a spoiler?

kthor7031

Go Kart Champion
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: This thread is so well thought out.

gkallis

Ready to race!
i cant believe people are keeping this going haha kindof funnny

bonz

Passed Driver's Ed
I tried adding a new intake and now my toes get cold!!!!! Can I take it back to the dealer??!

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Should I get a spoiler?

Well, but the GTI could get one of these directly from VW in Germany:

I would estimate about 300lbs of downforce at 122mph+. It must be used wisely, and remember to obey all traffic controls and speed limits.

bonz

Passed Driver's Ed
Ugh, while waiting at the dealer, I took a test drive in an old '80s model:

Now I want them, but I'm not sure I can afford to sell my 2009 model to buy used.