GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VW will unveil US-spec Golf R at Detroit Auto Show

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
The current R wheels are pretty nice, no doubt. Too bad we never got the Euro 19" option here tho.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
19s are too big for a golf IMO. I wouldn't want em...

PRND[S]

The Lame & The Ludicrous
serienmäßigen = standard.

Those wheels in 18" diameter come standard with the car, but are optionally available in a 19" version. :clap:

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
Much better than the R wheels they had been showing. Directional wheels are a deal breaker for me.

thedude4bides

Go Kart Champion
Just confirmed by reading through the vw.de site, those are indeed the OEM, but they are 19's.

Google Translation:

The one's we've seen pictured are the Cadiz 19's with 235/35/ZR19's on them. You can zoom in on pics and read the tire size. But, according to this, those wheels come in 18's and 19's. I'm guessing these sexy ones are the optional 19" Pretoria mentioned above. I wonder if they'll be offered here. Not sure I would want 19's anyway though.

Sexy.As.Fuck.Wow.

I'm getting those for my mk6 R. So what are the wheels they have been showing before? I know they have haters but I actually like them. But then again, I liked the serrons, too:laugh:

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
exactly how many people leave the stock wheels on their car anyway?

I'd guess to say 95 - 99.9% depending on the model.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
I'd guess to say 95 - 99.9% depending on the model.

:laugh: Seriously... Someone coming here can't expect this forum to represent "real life"

PRND[S]

The Lame & The Ludicrous
Someone posted this on the GolfMK7 forum:

The car sounds good. He's on all-season tires on cold, damp roads, but there is no evidence of tire spin during launch.