GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Extreme Performance and Competition Tires

r15maniac

Go Kart Champion
In the local autox's, the XS's were MIGHTY, top 2/3 tires in the dry, but once the rain came in, they were far surpassed by the star specs/re11-shod vehicles.
If your area gets rain more than 'once in a while', it'll be worth looking into the aforementioned 2 tires with better wet-confidence.:thumbsup:

Thanks, I'll check into that for next year as I'll run these ones out first.

ErsteGTI

Ready to race!
There is a revised tread compound version still available (not the RE11A yet). I have some stock in my Delaware warehouse at the moment for $196.00. For some reason they are not listed on the website at the moment. Just give me a call if you would like to order. The A is not all season, just a significant revision in the tread compound.

When will the RE11As be ready?

Can you comment more on the revised tread compound version of the RE11 that you have available. Any difference in performance/noise/life ?

Thx

RacingManiac

Drag Race Newbie
Damn, Rival is not in stock for 245/40/17....So ZII or RE11A?

My PSS took a beating today at the Evolution Performance School...one is starting to show cord...probably about 20,000+ miles on these, and probably not the easiest of miles(8 AutoX, 2 trackdays, a tail of dragon trip, 1 evo school(24 runs AutoX day).

RacingManiac

Drag Race Newbie
Decided to go with RE11A(in 255/40/17!, see if I can mount these...hmm), Rival probably is faster, but since I am DDing these tires, I've heard the RE11 tread design is less noisy...

My PSS experience was pretty good. Though with the amount of autoX I ended up running I think they definitely did not holdup as long as I'd hoped. I don't think they are necessarily that much slower than the Extreme Performance tires, and they are awesome street tires. I'd get them again, but I think I am doing enough autoX now that I want to go with something more suitable...

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Andrew, you will love the RE-11's for DD'ing.

255 tho? damn son!! :headbang:

ajax1

Hey guys just wondering how well the AD08's would go on the GTI? I called a few places getting random quotes and a guy recommended them to me but said he wouldnt install if my load rating was higher than 88. Reading a few comments online I can see people are scared to use tires that have lower load capacities than what is listed for the car.

But then I find this thread recommending them. Confused...

ajax1

Wait I think I worked it out, wider tires = higher load capacity hey.

Still, would a load capacity of say 91 have that much difference from 92??

bimmer635csi

Ready to race!
Hey guys just wondering how well the AD08's would go on the GTI? I called a few places getting random quotes and a guy recommended them to me but said he wouldnt install if my load rating was higher than 88. Reading a few comments online I can see people are scared to use tires that have lower load capacities than what is listed for the car.

But then I find this thread recommending them. Confused...

Wait I think I worked it out, wider tires = higher load capacity hey.

Still, would a load capacity of say 91 have that much difference from 92??

The car comes stock with LR = 91 tires.

I autocross on LR = 88 tires and find that they do want to roll onto the sidewall if I don't run a little extra air.

However, I should be receiving a set of 235/40/18s today for the front which are LR = 92 to fix that issue as well as gain some traction up front.

I think LR = 88 should be fine if you keep the tires properly inflated and just do daily driving type stuff. But if you are going to high-g turn on them, I'd seriously consider the stock LR as a "minimum".

I have not run the AD08's, so I cannot comment on them. I'd be interested to hear how they run for you though.

Brian@PuenteHillsVW

Ready to race!
The RE-11 are good for DDing but what about freeway? I drive about 10 miles of freeway one way at top freeway speeds (no traffic). Are these tires ok? I mainly just mess around in canyon and push limits usually.

Sonny@TireRack.com

sonny@tirerack.com
The RE-11 are good for DDing but what about freeway? I drive about 10 miles of freeway one way at top freeway speeds (no traffic). Are these tires ok? I mainly just mess around in canyon and push limits usually.

The RE-11 would be fine for freeway use. It won't be the most comfortable ride out there but does pretty well for an Extreme Performance tire.

RacingManiac

Drag Race Newbie
I don't have any issue with RE-11A on the freeway. I don't find them to be any harsher or noisier than PSS that I had before.