GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Red Stripe Removed!

wohv

Ready to race!
I have a CW GTI. Just to make it easier, i left the grill on and purchased white pinstripe tape. Took about 15 minutes and it looks great. I was going to go black at first but am happy i went white, it still pops but matches the paintwork.

TheOctane

Ready to race!
Only the upper part of the strips... I feel this when I saw a Mk7 GTI from the internet, looks cool with only one red strip... so removed my to see what's what.. looks good to me...:w00t:
now I got 2 extra red strip, I want to put it under the headlights, and connect to the original one to make it longer, like the mk7. what do you think?

Discuss.

Im sorry...but this isnt a live speech...you should at least reread your post before submitting it...my head hurt trying to decode this....

ErinGoBraugh

BeezKneez
I have a CW GTI. Just to make it easier, i left the grill on and purchased white pinstripe tape. Took about 15 minutes and it looks great. I was going to go black at first but am happy i went white, it still pops but matches the paintwork.
Was thinking of doing the same.......got any pics of how yours turned out?

kern417

Go Kart Champion
here's someone that had them for sale. i searched "white mk6 gti stripe" and boom first result. crazy right.

http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55037

and folks keep saying the red is historically significant but it still looks random. vw seems like they don't know what to do with their grilles lately. at least the golf r setup doesn't mix slats and honeycomb so it looks uniform. but even on mk5 gti/gli the random red smiley that doesn't even line up with the lines in the hood drove me nuts.

GTiorBust

Ready to race!
the trim under the light looks pretty good, would it look better with the original top stripe back on tho?

303GTI

Passed Driver's Ed
It's your car bro. If you like it than keep it. This is what makes the car community so unique, if everybody did the same thing based in what others do, it would be pretty boring. Do what you like to your car.

kern417

Go Kart Champion
yeah let's all be different. don't follow the crowd. you should line the edges of each of your doors too like people do with the chrome strips on crown vics and impalas.

just because it's different doesn't mean it's better.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
This one looks the best. I never knew it would look so clean on white or i might have done it to mine. jesus that black on chrome just pops..

I just used plastdip for mine, turned out great. I didn't even remove the stripe pieces from the grill. Just make sure you put at least 4 layers on or it won't peel very well.

colslaw87

Ready to race!
yeah let's all be different. don't follow the crowd. you should line the edges of each of your doors too like people do with the chrome strips on crown vics and impalas.

just because it's different doesn't mean it's better.

It being different doesn't imply better or worse.

If you would like chrome strips around your doors, go for it. Looking forward to a DIY.

Last edited:

Mk6GTIinSD

Passed Driver's Ed
Don't have pics of it finished yet(car is being worked on), but I replaced my grill with the R grill and took the R symbol off and put the GTI logo back on... Looks decent imo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk