GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Reverse parking sensors not working on my 09 mk6

Jufbmjds

Reverse parking sensors not working (2 Faults found on diagnostic test)

A couple of weeks ago my battery mysteriously went dead. I jump started it and had the battery tested by halfords and they said it was fine (although as the car had been driven is this a good enough test?)

Now when I put the car in reverse the parking sensor light flashes and I get a long beep. The radio does not switch to parking sensor display.

I don't hear clicking from any of the sensors (but I dont know how anyone can with the engine running!)

I just took it to the garage for a scan, and he said their were loads of codes (and the cleared them all!), now 2 remain that wont clear (he cant look at it for another 2 weeks):
Click here for 2 codes

Any ideas?
Thanks so much for your help in advance!

Last edited:

spopinski

Passed Driver's Ed
It says module EEPROM error right? Well I think it related to the dead battery you experienced. Just search 5K0919475 on Ebay, it won't be expensive.

But you should find why the battery was behaving like that in the first place. Maybe some kind of short circuit happened.

If the OPS module is below your tail light, then that space is notorious to get wet over time due to the tail light housing- rubber gasket aging.

Golf_Tsi

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi,

I have the same issue with my VW Golf Mk6 2009 - 7 speed DSG Right hand drive. Recently battery went dead so jump started the car and then replaced the battery. Since then the sensors dont work.

I believe mine are factory fitted and when i got the car scanned it had the same error code.

Does anyone know where i can locate the Parking Sensor Module, ive looked in the boot on the right hand side but nothing, it seems like all the wires are running at the front.

I believe its under the steering wheel but hard to tell.

If anyone can guide me i would be so thankful, i would like to remove the old module and buy a new one.

EDIT:Found the module under the dash, removed it and swapped it with 5K0 919 475E. I got one from ebay for £40 simply plugged the new one is and it worked perfectly without any programming required. you have to make sure the one you purchase supports same number of sensors as your original one.

Last edited:

golfdedat

Hi,

I have the same issue with my VW Golf Mk6 2009 - 7 speed DSG Right hand drive. Recently battery went dead so jump started the car and then replaced the battery. Since then the sensors dont work.

I believe mine are factory fitted and when i got the car scanned it had the same error code.

Does anyone know where i can locate the Parking Sensor Module, ive looked in the boot on the right hand side but nothing, it seems like all the wires are running at the front.

I believe its under the steering wheel but hard to tell.

If anyone can guide me i would be so thankful, i would like to remove the old module and buy a new one.

EDIT:Found the module under the dash, removed it and swapped it with 5K0 919 475E. I got one from ebay for £40 simply plugged the new one is and it worked perfectly without any programming required. you have to make sure the one you purchase supports same number of sensors as your original one.

I literally have this same issue, could you help in assisting as to the whereabouts of the module?

All help is much appreciated.