• Candy White

Votes: 40 31.0%
  • United Gray Metallic

Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Carbon Steel Gray Metallic

Votes: 32 24.8%
  • Tornado Red

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • Blue [saw one at the dealership but it doesn't seem to be on the VW website]

Votes: 14 10.9%

• Total voters

coffeetv

Passed Driver's Ed
Self-explanatory thread title. What's your favorite GTI color?

I'm partial to both Candy White and Deep Black Metallic, but I can't really decide between the two. I like black cars in general, but the white just works on the GTI [I usually don't like white cars]. How about y'all?

Diego Armando

Go Kart Champion
I hate that it's called "Candy" White.. Why can't vw just call it White.

/rant

coffeetv

Passed Driver's Ed
Personally, I do not like the white GTI. Black with red is just cool.

Like I mentioned before, I'm usually not fond of white cars in general, but on the mkVI GTI, it just works for me for some reason. It's strange b/c I didn't think the mkV in white looked good at all, despite the cars' bodies being pretty similar.

I love black cars though. Nearly my entire family has owned black cars, so I almost just automatically defer to that color. However, it's that same sentiment that's almost pushing me in the opposite direction. Maybe it's time for a change of pace, color-wise.

Arggh, it's so difficult because I do like both colors. :23:

coffeetv

Passed Driver's Ed
Quick question: what color stays/looks "clean" the easiest [with little to no maintenance]?

Years of driving/owning black cars has taught me that scratches and dust show up very readily on a black body. I imagine the same would probably apply to a white body as well though. Anyone have any insight on this?

pshizz

Passed Driver's Ed
candy white will most likely win, but i still think any car looks best in black.

coffeetv

Passed Driver's Ed
candy white will most likely win, but i still think any car looks best in black.

Interesting. Is there any particular reason why you say that? I was honestly expecting like Red to be the most popular, but so far it seems no one has voted for it yet. It was either that, or I would think old reliable Black would win outright.

Nefilim

Ready to race!
I have a black GTI and, on paper, its the most beautiful thing ever.

In reality, I get paint chips that stick out like a nipple at the Superbowl.

zambrowiak

Passed Driver's Ed
Carbon Steel is the coolest color for GTI, especially with those red stripes and calipers.:w00t:
The only drawback is that everyone has one.

Last edited:

RatherBeInCabo

Ready to race!
Quick question: what color stays/looks "clean" the easiest [with little to no maintenance]?

Years of driving/owning black cars has taught me that scratches and dust show up very readily on a black body. I imagine the same would probably apply to a white body as well though. Anyone have any insight on this?
White is one of the best for not showing dirt and scratches. The best is silver or light gray. I have a black Honda Civic and it sucks when it comes to keeping it clean.

My GTI is CSGM and it is not too bad.

Dan0myte

White is the best for taking photos of. :)

Although I'd like to say Blue is the most desirable because we can't get that color in Canada. :(

Zero46

Ready to race!
I like it in both black and white. I went with white. I've owned two black cars in the past couple of years and while I think they look the best when they are clean, they only stay clean for about 15 minutes. White has a tendancy to stay a little cleaner longer.

Off topic, but is it true that a darker car will heat up more than a lighter colored car when left out in the sun? I'm talking about the interior.

Tailwagger

Ready to race!
I like it in both black and white. I went with white. I've owned two black cars in the past couple of years and while I think they look the best when they are clean, they only stay clean for about 15 minutes. White has a tendancy to stay a little cleaner longer.

Off topic, but is it true that a darker car will heat up more than a lighter colored car when left out in the sun? I'm talking about the interior.

Bingo! Went CSG for the same reasons. Both my test drives were during a monsoon here. The CSG looked the cleanest afterward. I wonder just how many who like black best actually have owned a black car. Far too much much cleaning for them to look good.

No question black cars get hotter, particularly with a black interior. I've literally burnt my hand on the gearshift of my triple black 911 on a hot summer day.