GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ANYONE IN NORTH CAROLINA

jettaglis

Go Kart Champion
Thanks for that :thumbsup:

I have the apr dsg tune and trying to keep them paired. If this falls through, then I'll make the switch. I had uni 1+ last year and have heard that they fixed the dead throttle spot and EPC lights that plagued myself and other gen3 folks.

Yea I'm aware of some issues originally with the tune, especially when close to redline. Salesman here on his brand new gli on day 1 had it happen. We worked with Uni to get it resolved.

_Remy_

Passed Driver's Ed
Yea I'm aware of some issues originally with the tune, especially when close to redline. Salesman here on his brand new gli on day 1 had it happen. We worked with Uni to get it resolved.

Yeah, it was frustrating for awhile but have only heard good things about the revision. The uniconnect is also appealing as the Charlotte apr dealers want $100 for labor each time. :thumbsup:

ironskillet

Passed Driver's Ed
Charlotte here! Moving to Carrboro in late August. Had my 2011 GTI for about a month now. Got the mod bug pretty bad in the past month.
So far:
Removed hood blanket
Smoked sidemarkers, yellow laminex, yellow fog bulbs
Rubber GTI mats
Cobb Accessport
Cobb SF Intake

Next: Downpipe and Exhaust (anyone have a catted dp for sale?)
RCD510 radio
roof rack

This forum has been really helpful already. Glad to join the party

Last edited:

GTR_Killer

Go Kart Champion
Are they OEM tails or replica? If replica which ones? Thanks.
They are def not OEM or I'd be asking double plus some. :)

I am not 100% on the brand as many of us have modded GTIs here in the area. My friends Sebastian who is on this forum rarely, had them and asked if I was interested. We installed them, they looked and worked good, so I bought them. They have done exactly their job ever since. They have never fogged up or had any glitch of any sort. Im jsut doing a full blown part out back to stock or else I would keep them.

Charlotte here! Moving to Carrboro in late August. Had my 2011 GTI for about a month now. Got the mod bug pretty bad in the past month.
So far:
Removed hood blanket
Smoked sidemarkers
Rubber GTI mats
Cobb Accessport
Cobb SF Intake

Next: Downpipe and Exhaust (anyone have a catted dp for sale?)
RCD510 radio
roof rack

This forum has been really helpful already. Glad to join the party

Welcome. I'm here to help for cheaper than everywhere else if you ever need anything. :) I'm doing a clutch job for someone here on Sunday.

I literally just sold an APR downpipe to someone in Texas last week Shipping that thing sucked.

My friends just had his STI totaled in a sandwich accident. Roof rack is fine. I can ask him if he wants to sell to you. Any idea how much you are looking to spend?

Last edited:

ironskillet

Passed Driver's Ed
Welcome. I'm here to help for cheaper than everywhere else if you ever need anything. :) I'm doing a clutch job for someone here on Sunday.

I literally just sold an APR downpipe to someone in Texas last week Shipping that thing sucked.

My friends just had his STI totaled in a sandwich accident. Roof rack is fine. I can ask him if he wants to sell to you. Any idea how much you are looking to spend?

Man, that sucks about the downpipe and your buds STI. I've seen your crazy part out! I should have jumped on that DP. Glad to know you're here - I'm sure I'll get in over my head with the DP/exhaust install.
As far as the rack I'd like to keep it low as possible - 300 or less and save my money for important stuff like exhaust (and tattoos). Hahah.
Thanks man, excited to see what you do next.

jettaglis

Go Kart Champion
If you need any dealer work let me know, I'm at Vw of South Charlotte.