GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR STAGE 2 DEFINATELY SLOWER!!

06gsxr1000

Go Kart Champion
Ok, so I got stage 2 done (TBE, CAI, AND STAGE 2 TUNE) and the car definately is smoother, but is way slower! Im convinced its slower!!! :mad0259: Why? Could I have broke something? What the hell is the problem?? haha Its driving me nuts!!! :thumbdown:

**************EDIT******************

Found out after many days of going back and forth, I finally called APR again, and asked for my programs instead of just asking "did everything stay the same" and they went through my programs and I found out the reason it was slower is well... IT WAS!! I was in 91 octane mode, instead of 93!!!

Last edited:

mark986

Ready to race!
Your tune got deleted due to a bad flash. Common problem. Haha Jk.

It's the difference in low end torque vs stage I. Discussed many times lol.

06gsxr1000

Go Kart Champion
Your tune got deleted due to a bad flash. Common problem. Haha Jk.

It's the difference in low end torque vs stage I. Discussed many times lol.

Man, I really think it did get deleted! not playing.. i know the diff in low end torque is differant but where is my high end!

P

plac

hahaha....... hmmm... make sure they didnt leave it in stock mode?

sikhgti

Passed Driver's Ed
Im on the fence for stage 2. I really like the power delivery of stage 1 (1.2). From what I here is that stage 2 is smoother but not really faster or quicker. I guess I will buy the the APR catback. I just really want it to have a louder exhaust. APR makes good products just I don't think the turbo back is worth it. There are a couple of good youtube videos comparing the two stages.

P

plac

it is faster. but not quicker. after you've run stage 2 for a while stage 1 feels like a stuffed up nose.

06gsxr1000

Go Kart Champion
Im thinking it could be my turbo getting heat soaked. Or maybe my diverter valve is broke?? Idk, just trying to think of ideas.

mark986

Ready to race!
It's probably all Pschological.. At times I think my k04 is slow lol. Try putting it in stock mode and see if it feels the same.

JhnR

Banned
boost leaks?

BeauG

Ready to race!
Butt dyno NOT EQUAL TO actual performance, who knew? Stage 2 IS faster. If it isn't something is wrong with your car.

P

plac

It's probably all Pschological.. At times I think my k04 is slow lol. Try putting it in stock mode and see if it feels the same.

+1... my stage 2 feels slow as hell now.. but thats just cuz ive had it for weeks and im used to the power now.

Tetsuei

needs m0ar shiny.
I think the thing with stg 2 is that it's deceptively fast. You don't really realize how fast it is because it's so smooth.