Just finished color matching the interior "belt line"

Pindingy

Freshly washed

Attachments

• IMAG0024.jpg
    IMAG0024.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 301

Pindingy

How the hell did you do the interior trim?!

Funny you ask, because it's all apart right now. I took the door panels off and proceed to cut the plastic welds that held the trim on to the door panel. After they were off just prep and paint. When I reinstalled them I used push nuts. I don't suggest you do it unless you know your way around a dremel tool and are willing to cut your door panels.
The trim on the dash just pops right out, if only the doors were that easy. The whole thing took a couple of hours, and then waiting for the paint to dry.

Pindingy

Also, I just color matched the rear emblem and handle, but left the VW chrome. The front emblem got the same treatment, but it was Plasti-dip and I shot the mesh background white. I'll post picts tomorrow because it dark out now.

BlueDubbinTDI

Go Kart Champion
Ide been waiting to see trim like that. Amazing. But after hearing all that I doubt I'll ever try. What color match paint are you using?

Pindingy

Ide been waiting to see trim like that. Amazing. But after hearing all that I doubt I'll ever try. What color match paint are you using?

I got the color code and went to the paint shop. The color code is 110960/LLSC5F, but LLSC5F is what the paint guy wants.

BlueDubbinTDI

Go Kart Champion
Just looked up materials..not the cheapest of projects but very doable..Ide color match my markers while I was at it

Pindingy

Some new picts. I was messing around with the paint and plasti-dip again. The front emblem is plasti-dipped around the circle of the VW, as you can see I left the VW part chrome, but I did paint the mesh background white. I think the white makes it "POP". I did paint the whole thing while using my jass hands!!!

Anyhow, I color matched the rear emblem, but in sticking with the chrome VW theme, I left the VW chrome.

Attachments

• IMAG0079(1).jpg
    IMAG0079(1).jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 227
  • IMAG0083(1).jpg
    IMAG0083(1).jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 201
  • IMAG0084(1).jpg
    IMAG0084(1).jpg
    153.9 KB · Views: 253
  • IMAG0085(1).jpg
    IMAG0085(1).jpg