GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stage 2 MK6 UNI vs Stage 2 MK6 APR

BenH

Ready to race!
It's really funny to see APR remapped users come out of the woodwork to defend their "dollars spent" with "intangibles". And for Arin@APR come out an basically admit:

1) v1.1 was $600 on sale and it's slower than Uni but you have a stalk option to make it slow@91 and slower@stock, LOL
2) spend another hour labor at an Indy shop to get v1.2 plus another $300-$500 for stage 1-2 intake, LOL

Hey GTI owners! WAKE UP and spend your money wiser

xHeartcoreboyx

IceCream GTI
Wait are you saying we should go around and see who make biggest numbers and simply go with that?!

Could have as well bought a charger r/t since its cheaper and make more power, by following your logic.

Sent from my iPhone with typos.

GunMetalGTI

Go Kart Champion

Dybz

Banned
haha......when i see somone coming up on me thats what I do.....or im in manual mode and cruising at about 3k-35k rpm:thumbup:

dang man, your car revs like a beast. what mods you got?

GunMetalGTI

Go Kart Champion
haha....everything except and bigger intercooler and turbo....and meth inj really.

on a side note....thats basically where sport mode puts you say if you are cruising at 50 or whatnot.......that way you'll spool turbo quicker and have instant torque from a roll.....your always in a lower gear in sport mode and in manual mode I'm doing basically the same thing....not trying to bog. Gotta stay in the power band and row them gears....and I do believe the DSG's gears sometimes tend to seem shorter but thats just me....

Dybz

Banned
haha....everything except and bigger intercooler and turbo....and meth inj really.

on a side note....thats basically where sport mode puts you say if you are cruising at 50 or whatnot.......that way you'll spool turbo quicker and have instant torque from a roll.....your always in a lower gear in sport mode and in manual mode I'm doing basically the same thing....not trying to bog. Gotta stay in the power band and row them gears....and I do believe the DSG's gears sometimes tend to seem shorter but thats just me....

that's a pretty wide powerband, from 3000-35000 rpm...

BenH

Ready to race!
Wait are you saying we should go around and see who make biggest numbers and simply go with that?!

Could have as well bought a charger r/t since its cheaper and make more power, by following your logic.

Sent from my iPhone with typos.

You don't have a basis to know what's good - you don't have a tune. I've driven a stage 1 APR mk6 with carbonio 1 vs my Revo 1 with stock intake. We both went on a dyno same day back to back. They were the same peak power numbers yet APR's tq curve hesitated twice throughout the power band. I don't have a PC to analysis the Superflow dyno files to illustrate via picture. I have files for both GTIs if anyone wants to post the dyno results up.

GunMetalGTI

Go Kart Champion
that's a pretty wide powerband, from 3000-35000 rpm...

lol seriously? dude thats where I'd be taking off from....thats all im trying to say...I think you have to look at some of the other posts before I made that one. Thats what I was responding to. Hope this clears things up. sorry if I put in an extra zero. but i think every one here knows what im going for lol it comes from typing while not looking at the screen at work when I'm bored but at the same time pretending to look and listen to what someone else in the room is saying and also react to what they are saying hahha.....while at the same time not caring and only thinking about Vdub related sheeeaaaaawwwt.
:thumbsup::thumbsup:

NewToVW

Automotive Ninja
So, the car with more mods that jumped the start won? Awesome! Congrats!

GunMetalGTI

Go Kart Champion
Chipped .....this happens every time someone posts in the MK vs section......vid or no vid lol.....Just look at my thread for example.......I requested it be deleted cause i got tired of it again turned into a comparison contest instead of looking at things subjectively

NewToVW

Automotive Ninja
:readthethread:
I did. And I watched the vid. He has more mods; he jumped both starts... what am I missing?

Edit: And let me be clear, I'm not saying OP's car isn't faster, because it probably is. But the race was not executed properly. And those trying to make an argument for one tune being better than the other because of one poorly performed roll race (with different hardware) are out of line.

Last edited: