GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat16:Race For 10K Posts - Will Achieve Oct 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
I play assetto on PC, haven't run it in a while since Forza7 just came out and I was playing that.

The new GT looks like its supposed to be good though. They say they're going to make it more like a simulator than an arcade game, I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Have you played the new Project Cars?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

I have not played Project cars but i hear its more arcarde-ish, the problem with the game to me isnt the driving experience its the car list.

corsa is pretty realistic imo, problem with that game is you gotta pay extra money for more cars which is kind of lame imo.

Buy my Logitch G27, will work on with your PC (but not ps4) . :thumbsup:

TSI_Guy

Go Kart Champion
I have not played Project cars but i hear its more arcarde-ish, the problem with the game to me isnt the driving experience its the car list.

corsa is pretty realistic imo, problem with that game is you gotta pay extra money for more cars which is kind of lame imo.

Buy my Logitch G27, will work on with your PC (but not ps4) . [emoji106]
Yeah on PC Assetto is really expensive if you want all the cars and addons (over $70). For my xbox it was only like $36 for everything.

I already have a G920 that I use for my PC and Xbox, thanks doeeee.

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
Brings me back to the renner days. Those impulse purchases on the nightly.

Back to?

I still live them lol.

Literally the way I buy all my car parts.

Me: Wow, that's a great deal...too bad I'm broke.

*10 mins later*

Me: That was a good purchase. I mean I was going to buy it at some point anyways...might as well save some cash. *happiness and doubt intensifies*

LOL yup.

Guy lived 10 minutes from the office in the West Loop. A little back and forth but we came to a deal.

Happiness and doubt, both intense right now lol.

"Wow such a deal, was gonna buy them anyways"
and
*looks at bank account* "WTF did I just do?"

And that’s how you end up with a $40k GTI.

But due to "late night deals" it could have been a $60k GTI. So there's that.

flying_solo

Go Kart Champion
Son of a

Found a local guy on the forums selling a set of Fabspeed race headers, used, for $1200 shipped.

Nowhere near ready but I'll be damned if I didn't accidentally PM him an offer of $1k and I'll pick them up.

That problem is familiar, but I now how a house full of parts and cannot remember what I did or didn’t “get a great deal and need someday” all over the house.

And speaking of purchases, I just pulled the trigger on a new set of rubber for the rear of the V. Good grief the cost to run this car is a lot. I shopped around and bought two 345/25R20 Nitto Invos for the low price of $505/each with free shipping. Two tires cost as much as most cars set of four! My current mpg average this tank of gas is around 10 mpg :). The wallet may have met its match. I’m going to need enough gas to support a young Saudi prince’s coke habit.

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
Back to?

I still live them lol.

LOL yup.

Guy lived 10 minutes from the office in the West Loop. A little back and forth but we came to a deal.

Happiness and doubt, both intense right now lol.

"Wow such a deal, was gonna buy them anyways"

and

*looks at bank account* "WTF did I just do?"

But due to "late night deals" it could have been a $60k GTI. So there's that.

Pretty much my whole car is second hand “good deal” purchases lol.

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
Good grief the cost to run this car is a lot. I shopped around and bought two 345/25R20 Nitto Invos for the low price of $505/each with free shipping. Two tires cost as much as most cars set of four! My current mpg average this tank of gas is around 10 mpg :). The wallet may have met its match. I’m going to need enough gas to support a young Saudi prince’s coke habit.

Indeed.

I know the pain. It all sounded like a good idea at the time. And I have 3 of these things to maintain and service. "Wouldn't it be cool???" No, not really, not after living it lol.

The AD-08's I bought for the Cayman (last spring...) did not survive ~1000 miles, 3 AX's and 2 DE's with my "yeah put an aggressive alignment on it".

To double up - local tire shop almost (had to complain to the manager) didn't want to flip them on the rims either. Burned up the insides pretty good (lotsa camber) and wanted to flip 'em so I can at least get SOME street miles on them. Wasn't about to drop $800 to buy/mount two new rears already.

TSI_Guy

Go Kart Champion
Ahhh yes, tires. Ouch. Lol

First purchase I made for the Vette and god damn it hurt, ~$1k for a set and those weren't even the R888's that I wanted. Ended up with Nitto 555r rears and 555G2 fronts. They've been great even with the nitrous.

Next set will be R888's and more expensive. Gotta pay to play doe, amirite?

The GTI was so nice to mod. Cookie cutter mod path, simple diy shit, cheap mods. Every time I wanna do something to the Vette its like $1k down the drain. Headers alone are so damn expensive! I got my whole nitrous kit (literally everything) for less than a set of used headers. It's crazy.

TSI_Guy

Go Kart Champion
13.9 mpg average with this current tank, but I don't drive it every day and every time I do drive it I beat on it, so it's no gas saver. I could probably squeeze decent mileage out of it, but where's the fun in that? :iono: enjoy that whine.

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
I was able to get over 30mpg with my '01 Z06 if I drove it gently, used 6th a lot, etc.

Not much fun, true. But the other way empties the wallet pretty quickly, which makes it harder to have other kinds of fun.

TSI_Guy

Go Kart Champion
I was able to get over 30mpg with my '01 Z06 if I drove it gently, used 6th a lot, etc.

Not much fun, true. But the other way empties the wallet pretty quickly, which makes it harder to have other kinds of fun.

Man if you could crank out 30mpg AVG on this car I applaud you.

Sure cruising at 60-70 in 6th gear can get me high 20's almost 30's on instant MPG but avg mpg is hard to pass 18 with how much I drive it.

Regardless, it's a blast and I try to not think about the gas lol but it does add up. Gonna pump some gas later and hoon with the bottle. Maybe I'll find that CTS-V from a few weeks ago...

Sanderzzz

Go Kart Champion
Been playing the Gran Turismo beta last couple days and went and got the G29 wheel for it. Mang online racing is fun and infuriating. I hateeeee the fuckers who use my bumper as their brake and the way the game is setup I get time penalties when someone else slams me into a wall. Still going to buy the game though

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
Been playing the Gran Turismo beta last couple days and went and got the G29 wheel for it. Mang online racing is fun and infuriating. I hateeeee the fuckers who use my bumper as their brake and the way the game is setup I get time penalties when someone else slams me into a wall. Still going to buy the game though

pick up f1 2016 and asseto corsa both fun games

I think im going to mod the brake pedal on the g29, the bushing is way too hard to get full braking power.

Also i highly recommend you mess with wheel settings for each game, definitely helps.

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie

Noobs. Get on iRacing.

Exactly why iRacing is moar better. You have a rating that follows you throughout the service... and asspacking people hurts you. If your rating gets low enough you get booted from the service.

If iRacing isn't an option, I'd at least try to find a private league to run in (assuming those exist in GT?) At least those tend to have rules about that sort of thing. I generally avoid all things online when it comes to racing outside of iRacing or private rooms where I know people, specifically for the reasons cited above.

Jaber

Modero
Exactly why iRacing is moar better. You have a rating that follows you throughout the service... and asspacking people hurts you. If your rating gets low enough you get booted from the service.

If iRacing isn't an option, I'd at least try to find a private league to run in (assuming those exist in GT?) At least those tend to have rules about that sort of thing. I generally avoid all things online when it comes to racing outside of iRacing or private rooms where I know people, specifically for the reasons cited above.

Only negative to iRacing's point system, you also get points if someone hits you. But at least this makes you think twice about driving too aggressive and taking excessive risk, where you're putting other drivers in danger.

Status
Not open for further replies.