GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread

willmk4

Go Kart Champion
:eek: Driving home tonight .. Passed this guy that was going 40 on a 50 .. car jolted about 3 times while pulling once I got back on my lane .. thought maybe it was bc I was "semi" flooring it.
Tried it again this time floored it, not all the way but a little more. Car jolted again while around 3500 4k RPMs.. tried a few more times easing into 4k RPMs did not jolt 3 but 2 times and about have of another. Tried again stepping on it a little while going 60, and while getting to 70 car jolted even harder .. kind of hard then started pulling again.

Desperate for an answer as you can see.. Its been a long day at work and this just really killed my day. :cry:

goose1

Ready to race!
That's how I described it to my shop and they said misfires. Bought a set of R8 coils and it hasn't happened since.

sent via carrier potato

trev1342

Go Kart Champion
Ahhhh coils .. R8 coils and NGK plugs here I come. I appreciate it guys, hopefully that's just what it is.

A good opportunity to upgrade. :thumbup:

trev1342

Go Kart Champion
If I look at it that way, yes :eek:

Think of the glass being half full instead of being half empty.

However, I view the glass as always being full, it can be full of air too. :thumb up:

-Daily Words of Wisdom from trev1342

vrBilstein86

Ready to race!
I have a good question and hopefully I'd be able to get some additional information with the answer: How and what would you recommended being the best way to leave a GTI sitting and unused for two - three years? Or if anyone had a similar experience with a Turbo charged car.

Thanks

golftdibrad

Go Kart Champion
pretty much the same way you store all cars for that long.
stabil in the gas and run it for a bit, put it on jackstands to get the tires/suspension unloaded, leave a battery tender hooked up if you'll have power.
http://www.wikihow.com/Store-a-Car
sticky traps in the rain tray are a good idea if you think there may be mice

trev1342

Go Kart Champion

hippiesrock03

Go Kart Champion
Do you reduce PSI when storing tires on wheels for a long time?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk