GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Official Cool Story Bro Thread

clownish

just clowning around
IKR, that had happened to me so many times, thats why I try to keep off the fast lane and NEVER be the fastest car on the road.

Sometimes you just have to take that chance [emoji28] but absolutely agree. I'm in Ohio and the staties are just ruthless about ticketing for speeding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GTI6891

Even at stage 2 I'd be reluctant to start racing anyone at 60 (unless it's something comparable). With our ko3 the instant boost is our friend but we pay the price up top. Ideal range 30-90, maybe 100. Hit it early, hit it quick then shut it down before they pass you lol.

My old APR stage 2 MKV GTI smoked a modded 350z from a 60 roll, as well as an s2000 and a rsx type s with kpro and full bolt ons....then again I did brake boost lol

FF_animal

Ready to race!
On the way home with a lap full of McDonalds drinks and the girl friend piloting the gli we come across the neighborhood drag car. Kid who lives a couple houses down who is forever speeding up and down the street in his 90s BMW. Total shit box layered in stickers and slammed to the max.

Pulls out of a parking lot onto the main road and comes up next to us and guns it. To my surprise the girlfriend downshifts from 4th to 2nd and drops the hammer. Revved out 2nd and short shifted 3rd into 4th and basically feathered the gas at that point and toyed with this poor kid while his car screamed on all four cylinders as it struggled to push. Funny as shit and sad at the same time lol

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

zef

Drag Racing Champion
First little joust since going KO4. Fed the gap juice to a 9th gen Si from a dig. By the time I clicked 2nd he was already in the rear view. I even surprised myself, this car is crazy with the KO4. It's like a whole new car. Best investment I ever made.

Last edited:

Francoleon91

Drag Racing Champion
First little joust since going KO4. Fed the gap juice to a 9th gen Si from a dig. By the time I clicked 2nd he was already in the rear view. I even surprised myself, this car is crazy with the KO4. It's like a whole new car. Best investment I ever made.

good to hear. cant wait to install mine. :drool:

GreyGti1990

Ready to race!
Those 9th gen Si’s don’t stand a chance in the straight line; they need boost.

That k04 must pulllllll tho, you’ll kill a lot more cars no doubt.

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie
What I didn't understand was why the 3.6 ATS wanted to eff with me. Dude tried to put his long ass car in front of me more times than I cared for on my commute to work lst week. It's a 60 limit and traffic was doing 80 and thick and this fool is switching lanes back in forth everywhere. It's not even like I was blocking him. Braking just to let him in I wasn't in the mood for so he got behind me and still every light was smelling my pipes.
Pissed me off royally. I inch up and boom he's there under me like he's a car gynecologist.
So when we finally made it to the on ramp of the 400 I tapped the breaks lightly downed it to 3rd and left him. I knew I didn't have anything but surprise to beat him but by the time he caught me I was already at hwy 7 and waving at his punk ass and he's giving me sign language lol

Next morning...would you believe he's actually in the car next to me again on Langstaff. Lol... wouldn't look over at me though chuckle

Chris659

Ready to race!
Went up against a new Jeep Track Hawk today!

He didn’t like that I was staying fairly close to him as every time I’d get near him he’d nail it and zoom ahead a ways. we both happened to hit a clear on ramp to the interstate and went from around 15mph to over 100mph. he quickly left me in the dust but didn’t pull away as much as I expected! I’d say it was around 7-8 car lengths which for something that’s supposed to run high 11’s/ low 12’s out of he box that’s not too bad I guess

After I finish suspension, I need to figure out what it’ll take to keep up with these Hellcats and SRT8’s. Too many of em round here pushing the lil guys around ?

FF_animal

Ready to race!
Impressed with my car today. Driving home on the Express way I ran into a camaro rs with paper plates still. He saw me behind him and stepped on it leaving me behind till we met up at the next light.

Light turned green and we both rolled into WOT at around 20ish mph. Spun 2nd till it finally grabbed and rode it to 6k into 3rd. At the top of 4th I was about 1 and a half cars ahead. Shut it down and he just blew by me at full throttle. Wanted to throw him a thumbs up but he just took off and turned at the next light.

Not sure what year RS it was but I thought he was going to smoke me for sure. I'm sure he was wondering what the fuck was going on lol

BjxGTI

Ready to race!
Impressed with my car today. Driving home on the Express way I ran into a camaro rs with paper plates still. He saw me behind him and stepped on it leaving me behind till we met up at the next light.

Light turned green and we both rolled into WOT at around 20ish mph. Spun 2nd till it finally grabbed and rode it to 6k into 3rd. At the top of 4th I was about 1 and a half cars ahead. Shut it down and he just blew by me at full throttle. Wanted to throw him a thumbs up but he just took off and turned at the next light.

Not sure what year RS it was but I thought he was going to smoke me for sure. I'm sure he was wondering what the fuck was going on lol

Pretty sure RS is just like an exterior package, it could be the 4 cyl, v6 or v8

DarienMidnight

Ready to race!
Got raped by a 6 speed manual 2015+ ford S550 Mustang GT. It's strange because I raced an auto one before and I had a better run with the auto than manual . Maybe the manual was in it's sweet spot ..pulled on me hard asf...

What do we need to at least keep up with the 435 hp V8 gt...or the 2018 460 hp v8 Mustangs ?

Oh my Cool story bro achievement's throughout the 2 years of stage 1 and now stage 2 include ...g35 kills ..g35x ..g37..g37x...base porsche panamera (300hp)...mid 2010s boxster S. ..05+ Mustang GT...many many v6 accord sedans/coupes altima v6 sedan/coupes ...sxt v6 challenger/charger (292-300 hp)....RT challenger ....Acura TL type s...Acura TLX (300hp).....many more than I can't remember ...

my highlight of them all was last month .. a 5th gen 6 speed manual ls3 2010-2012 camaro SS (420hp)...able 5o keep the lead for the 20 second race from maybe 25mph-125mph. Follow my IG for that video because it's most definitely Cool story Bro worthy .. @YoungRios_

ksandman

Ready to race!
Got raped by a 6 speed manual 2015+ ford S550 Mustang GT. It's strange because I raced an auto one before and I had a better run with the auto than manual . Maybe the manual was in it's sweet spot ..pulled on me hard asf...

What do we need to at least keep up with the 435 hp V8 gt...or the 2018 460 hp v8 Mustangs ?

Oh my Cool story bro achievement's throughout the 2 years of stage 1 and now stage 2 include ...g35 kills ..g35x ..g37..g37x...base porsche panamera (300hp)...mid 2010s boxster S. ..05+ Mustang GT...many many v6 accord sedans/coupes altima v6 sedan/coupes ...sxt v6 challenger/charger (292-300 hp)....RT challenger ....Acura TL type s...Acura TLX (300hp).....many more than I can't remember ...

my highlight of them all was last month .. a 5th gen 6 speed manual ls3 2010-2012 camaro SS (420hp)...able 5o keep the lead for the 20 second race from maybe 25mph-125mph. Follow my IG for that video because it's most definitely Cool story Bro worthy .. @YoungRios_

It probably had 3.73 gears or maybe shorter. Those 5.0s with 3.73 are stupid fast for a stock car

DarienMidnight

Ready to race!
It probably had 3.73 gears or maybe shorter. Those 5.0s with 3.73 are stupid fast for a stock car

Im going to be really honest ...my next car might be a 2012 or newer GT ...if this gti doesn't crap on me with water pump or timing chain ...

So those stangs....do they come stock with 3.73 gears? Or ...something else ...because I always heard about it don't know too much about it tho...

How do they change it ? ...and can we change ours?

ksandman

Ready to race!
Im going to be really honest ...my next car might be a 2012 or newer GT ...if this gti doesn't crap on me with water pump or timing chain ...

So those stangs....do they come stock with 3.73 gears? Or ...something else ...because I always heard about it don't know too much about it tho...

How do they change it ? ...and can we change ours?

I’ve always considered that too. My favorite mustang is 12-14. Despite their rep they’re hands down one of the funnest cars I’ve driven in stock format.

They come factory with it. I think it’s called the performance pack or track pack, something like that. Has brembos and some of them even have recaro seats too, but mustangs are kind of weird. I’ve driven ones with brembos and the longer 3.55s and I’ve driven some with no brembos with the 3.73s. They come spec’d out so many different ways and since it was a factory upgrade people probably bought or ordered base models and had the rear ended upgraded, but majority of the ones with Brembo brakes I’ve driven had the 3.73s so that’s what I always look for one them.

They change out the gears in the rear diff to achieve the better ratio for acceleration. I’m not too sure if there’s an option to change the gearing in our cars, although I’m sure it’s possible