GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Intake worth the money

_Nick_

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm trying to decide if it's worth putting money into an intake for my 2.5l. I want it to be a little quicker, but with out having a turbo people keep telling me it won't do much. How do u guys like your intakes?

FlowMK6

Ready to race!
It might improve the throttle response a bit, but it won't give performance really, it's more for the sound :)

As said above, you can make your own or if you want to buy an intake, I would recommend the USP intake and to avoid hydrolock, you could get an air filter wrap from K&N

damagi123

Go Kart Champion
No

Rickybobbi

Ready to race!
made my own for under 80..gives good sound and maybe tiny bit of better acceleration but mostly for the sound. Don't waste your money on those 300+ intakes, much better to make it yourself if that's all your doing to your motor.

Staver

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm trying to decide if it's worth putting money into an intake for my 2.5l. I want it to be a little quicker, but with out having a turbo people keep telling me it won't do much. How do u guys like your intakes?

Hi Nick,

Putting an intake on my 2012 Golf was the first thing I did. Being an avid motorcyclist, one of the first things that many people do on a bike is to get a better air filter and improve how the engine breathes. So with this in mind I looked for an intake and went with an AEM intake. Installation was pretty straightforward with a few areas that required patience and staying focused, took me about 3 hours from start to finish.

Is it worth the money ? Well I found it a little pricey but was pleased with the result. Yes there are some claimed power curves that came with the intake, don't know how true that is, but all and all I was pleased with the changes to my golf... bit more responsive, enjoyed the change in the engine sound, and it was a great starter project... with either some real or placebo hp and torque changes.

Mark