GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 2.5 today?

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
I get that a lot. I've always done 5k with mann filters in anyone of my cars where applicable. i have the hope in my head that the 5k will help it last slightly longer. I recently started running liquimoly's molygen. Its 5w40 but i never really noticed or cared too much about 5w30 vs 5w40. i just know our engines probably wouldn't my girlfriends oil (0w20). I got it cause the engine has 110k miles on it and i wana be able to see if theres any oil leaks and the uv reactive oil will hopefully help me do that.

how hot does our engine run compared to the 2.0T's?
I should clarify, in Canada we use Km instead of Miles, so 7.5k Km is equal to 4660 miles, and 10k Km is equal to 6200 miles so we are not far off.

Cann't give you a number but we have a Tiguan as well with the 2.0T. A few years ago before the timing chain tensioner on the 2.0 failed, I had the oil from the Tiguan analyses and it shows alot of break down compared to the oil from the 2.5 and both cars basically did about the same amount/type of driving.

As for Filters I change with every oil change but I use Mann, or Fram what ver I can find of good quality, ...again I'm not one to go over board.

Question, in Ohio are you near to the Nelson Ledges Race Track or to Mid Ohio.

Last edited:

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
Today my Son and I did a bad thing to the Golf, ... we went and looked at other cars to buy; ... don't tell. :attention_whore::thumbup:

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
Both pretty sweet. Quite a step up from the Golf.
Bought Golf for my Son a couple f years ago, but fell in love with it while he is at school. He not a car guy, so I do all the mods to make it better, and better it is.
At the track, I always had "momentum cars" so this little car is great, I love the challenge of running down a GTI or any other car for that matter. Something about a nice sorted little car that you can drive the sh!t out of and it never breaks, plus if I overdrive and crash its easy to replace.

In December, I ran down a modded A4 down, harassed him, got the point by then fell on my face as the Golf didn't have enough power to pull past, how f*king embarasing.

So now, I'm pissed off at the power delivery, I could just buy a IE manifold and install it but tinkering and creating is fun, so working to improve on it on the intake and tuning side; on NA cars every detail add up and make a difference.

Wascally Wabbit1

Drag Racing Champion
New ss clutch line installed this afternoon. Wow what a difference 50 bucks and an hour make. Pushing the clutch pedal is like cutting soft butter with a knife. Love it. And for anyone wondering it looks like the 2.5L does not have a CDV in the slave cylinder which is odd as both the GTI and TSI have it and the TSI slave looks like the same as the 2.5L. But I pulled it and went looking and unless it was removed by the previous owner, which is highly unlikely in my case, it is not in there. Good enough for me but I figured I would have a look since I had to bleed the clutch anyway.

Edit: I see why there is no CDV as the clutch line itself reduces in ID when you get to the Slave cylinder. The TSI is not like this. So by replacing the clutch line on the 2.5L you are getting rid of the restriction which basically is the same effect as the CDV removal mod on the GTI and TSI. That's the way I see it anyway.

IMHO this is a must do mod. It fixes everything that is so very wrong with the feel of the clutch on the 2.5L.

Last edited:

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
All good, you had me going tho.

Too bad you turned in you TDI, to be honest I've been playing with my neighbours TDI, he is going to take the VW deal and return it soon, until then I've been playing with his mappings.

That sh!t is so easy to get power out of by moving the boost and IQ numbers around without fear of damaging the engine, if it smokes I back it off, have no tools to measure NO tho but still fantastic to learn on, if I did that freely with a gas engine :eyebulge::brokenheart:

Wascally Wabbit1

Drag Racing Champion
Going out to buy one of these Husky Catch Can for $24, de word is Ford actually used this exact part as a catch can on their GT500 test vehicle. Read I won't be buying the IE catch can.
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-3-8...03AV/100040942
Will be putting a breather filter on it tho so that sh!t does not flow back to my manifold.

That's a hell of a deal. I just drained mine for the first time yesterday and was shocked how much came out after only 2k miles. About a shot glass worth of 50/50 oil and water. Doesn't sound like a lot but in terms of that in your intake x 5 per oil change. Oh my lord. And that is with a brand new PCV. I still run it as stock so it is under vacuum and have not seen anything on the outlet side. Bone dry so far.

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
That's a hell of a deal. I just drained mine for the first time yesterday and was shocked how much came out after only 2k miles. About a shot glass worth of 50/50 oil and water. Doesn't sound like a lot but in terms of that in your intake x 5 per oil change. Oh my lord. And that is with a brand new PCV. No wonder the MAP sensor was always throwing fits.
Depending on the year of your car there is a VW Firmware upgrade for the MAP Sensor. :rolleyes: I have an extra MAP Sensor that pretty much guarantees that it won't fail.

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
Forgot to mention what I did yesterday.

Removed and adjusted the rear Koni Sports again to put it back to where it was three weeks ago. The #2 of 4 works for me on stock springs, gives compliance and the best grip, but I'm side ways most times so that do I know. Lol

Dartregor

Ready to race!
Question, in Ohio are you near to the Nelson Ledges Race Track or to Mid Ohio.

I picked up the car from northern ohio somewhere around Sandusky. But i live in South East Michigan about 45 mins North West of downtown Detroit.

Pissed cause i hit a pothole and my right side front wheel isnt balanced anymore. And just had them balanced 3 months ago.

Got my coil and spark plug service kit and will probably put that on here mid next month once i stop working 70 hr work weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk