GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

OEM wipers available other than at dealer?

icee

Ready to race!
Anyone else have experience with the Bosch Icons? DO they compare with the OEM's?

I used to use the Bosch Icons on my previous car and they really are a nice premium wiper blade. They were very quiet and they didn't leave any mist or streaks behind.

However, I noticed that the Icons tend to degrade faster on a car left outside (vs garaged). I usually got around 8 months to a year out of the icons. (I tend to use the wipers all the time to wash off dust and road grime)

The OEM blades on my garaged GTI are 2 years old and are just beginning to streak. My next set of wipers for the GTI will be icons.

formul8

My GLI farts
rear wiper isnt OEM its a Valeo R-13B Rear Wiper Blade, 13"
i've used it on my mkv r32 and my mkvi gti perfect fit on both

Dealer was the only place I could find one, but next time I'll look for this one.

lilfleck

Go Kart Champion
I tried Bosch Icons, I didn't like them because the arm connector is fat and more noticable than stock. Performance wise, they lasted a little less than a year before they started to streak. I don't mind it too much to be honest with you but I'm keeping my eyes open.

I'm curious about the Valeo and Bosch Aero's. The "Aero" line is an OEM replacement. Honestly, w/ the 50% off the second wiper, I may pickup fronts and rear wipes @ the dealer. You'll win before paying for shipping @ ECS (which you get bent over on).

65Strad

Ready to race!
I tried Bosch Icons, I didn't like them because the arm connector is fat and more noticable than stock. Performance wise, they lasted a little less than a year before they started to streak. I don't mind it too much to be honest with you but I'm keeping my eyes open.

I'm curious about the Valeo and Bosch Aero's. The "Aero" line is an OEM replacement. Honestly, w/ the 50% off the second wiper, I may pickup fronts and rear wipes @ the dealer. You'll win before paying for shipping @ ECS (which you get bent over on).

Yup, I agree, what he said.

lilfleck

Go Kart Champion
I do use a glass sealant... I think this affects the longevity of the wiper. I think it causes skipping. I had this problem when I used rain-x years ago. Now that I'm back to sealant (Adam's), I have skipping again. The thing about it though, it beads so nicely on the windshield...

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
http://www.ecstuning.com/Volkswagen-Golf_VI--2.0T/Maintenance/Exterior/ES251423/

The integrated wind spoiler encloses the dual precision-tensioned steel springs. Air flow over the wind spoiler creates down-force,

applying exceptional uniform pressure along the entire length of the dual rubber wiping element.

Bozz

Go Kart Champion
Anyone else have experience with the Bosch Icons? DO they compare with the OEM's?

I have them on my Explorer. Not on my R.

I can say this, they are really nice on the Explorer, but that's how a new blade should be. They seem pretty similar to the OEM ones on my Golf R.

We'll see how long they last, I have only had them on there about 2 months.

I'm very happy with the OEM wipers, just not happy ith the price. Does anyone know who makes these and rebrands them so they can be purchased at a more reasonable price?

I suspect a company like Bosch does but not sure. Anyone have a contact number for a distributor for OEM that may be rebranded under a different name?

Sorry if this may have been discussed before but my time online is very limited to search extensively.

Hope this helps
http://www.deutscheautoparts.com/Product/VW/GTI/MK62010-Current/Exterior/WindshieldWiper/1995

maxboost83

Ready to race!
If you don't want to spend the money, just buy the wiper blade refill. I just did this yesterday.

65Strad

Ready to race!
Well it turned out that the wiper blades at the dealership was the best deal. Buy one, get the second one for 50% off. About $31.00 tax included.

The deal ends on November 30th for those that need wiper blades. Time is running out!