GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2014 GTI Drivers Edition OTD price? Good? Decent? Bad?

sboskov

Ready to race!
Hey guys, Ive been lurking around the forum for a few months and I am in the process of purchasing my very first VW. I spoke with a few dealers and got a few quotes but its looking like this is the best possible deal. Ive had a few people I know pull some strings even to get this deal for me.

2014 Divers Edition GTI, 6 Speed manual.

30K OTD with .9% @ 60 Months, NO DOWN PAYMENT

2014 Wolfsburg Edition GTI, 6 Spped manual.

26K OTD with .9% @ 60 Months NO DOWN PAYMENT

I think the DE is worth the extra 4k just because of the leather, sunroof (which I love having), and navi (which I dont care for really but it is still nice to have, looks nicer).

Is this price fair? Or is it very high?

This is in NC.

Thanks!

I should be signing the paper work tomorrow!

Also, Ive already looked for 2013s but all of the manuals are sold and I MUST have a manual... Already have a silverado thats auto.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
DE edition is better... 30k OTD... what is your sales tax?

sboskov

Ready to race!
HMm that means your actual price is 29k... you're barely getting an discount then...

Im getting 2k off of sticker, and I am also getting the .9% @ 60 Months. Usually they do not do a discount plus the special interest rate financing.

At times the more I think about it the more I feel like I am getting a decent deal, but then for a few split second I start worrying that its not a good deal.

sboskov

Ready to race!
I bought a 2013 in 2013. My sticker was 31K.

So tax and fees are around 1k so you're telling me you paid 25k for a brand new GTI that was stickered for 31k. In other words you're telling me you got 6k off of sticker, (I'm assuming No down payment, no trade in and 0% apr) from vw which is a volume dealer? Sounds fishy to me haha.

Plus I think the 2013 DE is different from the 2014 DE, the 2014 DE is the top of the line GTI

TheMKVI

Go Kart Champion
So tax and fees are around 1k so you're telling me you paid 25k for a brand new GTI that was stickered for 31k. In other words you're telling me you got 6k off of sticker, (I'm assuming No down payment, no trade in and 0% apr) from vw which is a volume dealer? Sounds fishy to me haha.

Plus I think the 2013 DE is different from the 2014 DE, the 2014 DE is the top of the line GTI

1.5%, 3 year loan, $11,000 trade in, $15,500 out the door with taxes (4.5%), dealer even threw in mats, cargo system, tint. The 2013 and 2014 Driver's Editions are the exact same car except you get 24 months of scheduled maintenance and I get 36 months; Neither is top of the line, that is the Autobahn you are thinking of.

Right now getting only 2K off MSRP is getting screwed. Research the deals other members have been getting on Driver's Editions. If you aren't comfortable with negotiating then use Game Theory: if that dealer won't budge, call others until you get your fair price.

Last edited:

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
terrible, terrible price. Don't even think about it. You should be able to wrangle at least $3000 off sticker, even if it is a 2014.

$29k OTD and i'd say do it.

sboskov

Ready to race!
terrible, terrible price. Don't even think about it. You should be able to wrangle at least $3000 off sticker, even if it is a 2014.

$29k OTD and i'd say do it.

Ive tried, they are saying since im not trading in a car its hard for them to budge anymore. They said they can drop it another 500-600 bucks if I do not want to get the .9% but if I want both they cant do it. They are already going around 300 under Invoice...

I think im going to do it.

As for you that got his for 26K OTD brand new, you either had some amazing connections, youre lying, or youre just confused on how they managed to drop 6K off of sticker to manage to get you OTD for 26.... Thats just unreal.... It might have happened, if they were trying to make their quota or something but thats extremely rare. But good job on your deal, shit I would of bought 2 of them if I could of gotten them to drop 6K...

http://www.vw.com/portal/en/configurator?context=Global#10304/30401/855

Show me where they still are making the Autobahn edition...

Jaber

Modero
Ive tried, they are saying since im not trading in a car its hard for them to budge anymore. They said they can drop it another 500-600 bucks if I do not want to get the .9% but if I want both they cant do it. They are already going around 300 under Invoice...

As for you that got his for 26K OTD brand new, you either had some amazing connections, youre lying, or youre just confused on how they managed to drop 6K off of sticker to manage to get you OTD for 26.... Thats just unreal.... It might have happened, if they were trying to make their quota or something but thats extremely rare. But good job on your deal, shit I would of bought 2 of them if I could of gotten them to drop 6K...

Or could just be their region. Some markets are probably selling better than others, so there'll probably be differences between what a guy in Chicago can get one for, versus some guy on the west coast. Rough guess, of course.

Dave10781

Go Kart Champion
Should be getting a better discount than that. Any other dealerships within driving distance? The xenons are much nicer than halogens too btw.

TheMKVI

Go Kart Champion

http://www.vw.com/portal/en/configurator?context=Global#10304/30401/855

Show me where they still are making the Autobahn edition...

They aren't making the Autobahn anymore, but you seemed to think your 2014 DE was somehow better and thus worth more money than a 2013 DE. :rolleyes:

Actually, it's a worse deal because it comes with 1 year less scheduled maintenance.

Like I said, plenty of people here paid much less than you for a DE if you would just search. But if you want to convince yourself you're not getting screwed by asserting I'm lying, stupid, or extremely lucky then by all means go ahead. Sorry I tried to stop you. :middlefinger:

Last edited: