GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

OEM Brake Pad Replacement

Tifore

Ready to race!
Hello all,
After spending a few days searching and reading and searching some more, I feel like my head is spinning in so many directions that I am almost more confused than when I started :mad0259:.
I have a 2012 GTI with 47,000 miles on it. The harsh Cleveland Ohio winters have really done a number to my rear rotors (rusted) and the pads only make contact with about 10% of the rotor. The fronts are getting close to needing replacement at this point so I am about to do all four corners and call it a day. I ordered some Centric Blanks for new rotors and am now confused as to what kind of pads to get. I am looking for a OEM replacement, with perhaps a little more bite and aggressive stopping power. The car is a DD and will never be tracked but gets driven aggressively here and there. Ive read countless reviews on Stoptech (dust issues), EBC (apparently they crumble?), Hawk (squealing) and now I'm left with no real positive options. :iono:
Can any one help me out or point me in the right direction? I know I need to order the smaller set of pads for the Bosch calipers.
Thanks in advance.

AM407

Autocross Champion
Which Hawk pads have you heard squeal? Sure, their track pads are going to squeal on the street but their street pads are fine, IMO.

Had Hawk HPS on my last car and HPS 5.0 on the GTI now. Minimal dust and zero squealing on both. I'm happy with them.

TorontoDUBBER

Ready to race!
Glad to hear about the hawk. I'm probably going to go with oem again. I feel like they are serving me really well. 55 k miles (85 k km) and still meaty, quiet, straight, dust free.. feels like they did it right in that department. (TDI doesn't really need extra stopping power, not sure if the GTI uses different hardware)

Greywolf

Passed Driver's Ed
I put Stop Tech rotors and Hawk HPS pads on about 3 weeks ago, and it greatly improved the stopping power. I have no squeal at all with the HPS pads.

Hello all,
After spending a few days searching and reading and searching some more, I feel like my head is spinning in so many directions that I am almost more confused than when I started :mad0259:.
I have a 2012 GTI with 47,000 miles on it. The harsh Cleveland Ohio winters have really done a number to my rear rotors (rusted) and the pads only make contact with about 10% of the rotor. The fronts are getting close to needing replacement at this point so I am about to do all four corners and call it a day. I ordered some Centric Blanks for new rotors and am now confused as to what kind of pads to get. I am looking for a OEM replacement, with perhaps a little more bite and aggressive stopping power. The car is a DD and will never be tracked but gets driven aggressively here and there. Ive read countless reviews on Stoptech (dust issues), EBC (apparently they crumble?), Hawk (squealing) and now I'm left with no real positive options. :iono:
Can any one help me out or point me in the right direction? I know I need to order the smaller set of pads for the Bosch calipers.
Thanks in advance.

We highly recommend hawk pads with neuspeed rotors.

Check out our selection! :thumbup:

http://www.etektuning.com/categories/Volkswagen/Golf-MKVI-2010-to-Current/Braking-Systems/

GTIMKV20

APR Stage I
Best place online to pick up a set of rotors and pads? I've always gone rockauto in the past for amazing prices.

Greywolf

Passed Driver's Ed
Best place online to pick up a set of rotors and pads? I've always gone rockauto in the past for amazing prices.

OEM or upgrading to better rotor and pads? I Determined what rotors and pads I wanted and did an internet search to find the best prices. Saved about 40% of the prices on Tirerack. TH Motorsports in Chicago had the best prices on Hawk HPS pads via eBay, and I can't remember where the Stop Tech rotors came from. I believe it came from an Amazon seller. Just be diligent and you'll find the best deals.