GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DBESTGTI current Pics

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
really like the grille as well (of course ;) ) you thinking of doing the lower valence via Nacho man?

CrzyP

Ready to race!
Very nice! I'm waiting to get my Shadow Blue. Good to see some modded GTI's not in CW or CSG. I personally will be keeping my GTI grille when I start to mod mine. I guess I'm one of the few who actually think it looks good on the blue. What plans do you have next?

Last edited:

DBESTGTI1

Go Kart Champion
really like the grille as well (of course ;) ) you thinking of doing the lower valence via Nacho man?
I am thinking about painting it gloss black but not through Nacho. Looking at his work it's nice until your up close and checking it out in detail. Granted I'm not gonna be staring at it from a 2 feet away but I'm picky enough where I wouldn't pay for paint work with so much dust, specs, and minor imperfections in it.

Very nice! I'm waiting to get my Shadow Blue. Good to see some modded GTI's not in CW or CSG. I personally will be keeping my GTI grille when I start to mod mine. I guess I'm one of the few who actually think it looks good on the blue. What plans do you have next?
Well, I've only had the car 2 months, I haven't even hit 3,000 miles yet so I'll probably leave it be for a little while. But the only real plans are window tint, the lower gray valance painted gloss black, P3 gauge, S3 intercooler, APR K04, and snow tires/winter wheels.

:coolpics:

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
I am thinking about painting it gloss black but not through Nacho. Looking at his work it's nice until your up close and checking it out in detail. Granted I'm not gonna be staring at it from a 2 feet away but I'm picky enough where I wouldn't pay for paint work with so much dust, specs, and minor imperfections in it.

Well, I've only had the car 2 months, I haven't even hit 3,000 miles yet so I'll probably leave it be for a little while. But the only real plans are window tint, the lower gray valance painted gloss black, P3 gauge, S3 intercooler, APR K04, and snow tires/winter wheels.

Dang... BURNED! :lol: Yes, it is not perfect - he asked me if I wanted to have him respray it , but I told him no. It got some slight silver specs in it from another job he was doing :rolleyes: For $125 and including him removing the bumper, I thought it was pretty good, but yes, if you can find someone to do it for cheaper or the same and better, then I'd totally do it. For me, I could only see the imperfections up close like you said, but you can't tell at all from a distance. I just wanted to get it over and done with, lol. Let me know where you end up going and the price, etc, maybe I can have it cleaned up if its a better price or something.

Also, be careful with P3 - lots of issues I've seen with regard to technical problems and customer support lately. Will you be installing the K04 yourself?

BMHo

Ready to race!
Great stuff man.

Volkswagging

Don't Hate, Inseminate
not my favorite wheels, but sexy car all around and great pics

DBESTGTI1

Go Kart Champion
Dang... BURNED! :lol: Yes, it is not perfect - he asked me if I wanted to have him respray it , but I told him no. It got some slight silver specs in it from another job he was doing :rolleyes: For $125 and including him removing the bumper, I thought it was pretty good, but yes, if you can find someone to do it for cheaper or the same and better, then I'd totally do it. For me, I could only see the imperfections up close like you said, but you can't tell at all from a distance. I just wanted to get it over and done with, lol. Let me know where you end up going and the price, etc, maybe I can have it cleaned up if its a better price or something.

Also, be careful with P3 - lots of issues I've seen with regard to technical problems and customer support lately. Will you be installing the K04 yourself?
For the price it's not bad, I'd just rather pay a little more and have it done "right". I haven't heard of issues with P3 but then again I haven't looked. I'll have to do some research. As for the K04, why wouldn't I be doing it? It's just a glorified exhaust manifold with an intake pipe and couple fluid lines.

Great stuff man.
thanks

not my favorite wheels, but sexy car all around and great pics
thanks

DBESTGTI1

Go Kart Champion
I agree, I have room to go lower on the coils but it's practical. I don't rub tires on the fenders and I've yet to find a lot I bottom out the body trying to get into it. Mix in the ride quality and I couldn't be any happier with it.

rizzogti

Go Kart Champion
^ wish i could say the same lol.. im going to make a picture thread soon. im trying to get together with my cousin and his camero SS.

Car looks great ryan. i actually didnt like the blue when i looked at buying my gti but after seeing yours more and more its really growing on me.

Muskie

Go Kart Champion
Now I am kicking myself for not looking harder for a blue one. I love those rims on there.

What can't this guy do? VW Tech, Outdoor Adventurer, Pro Detailer, and Photographer.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
For the price it's not bad, I'd just rather pay a little more and have it done "right". I haven't heard of issues with P3 but then again I haven't looked. I'll have to do some research. As for the K04, why wouldn't I be doing it? It's just a glorified exhaust manifold with an intake pipe and couple fluid lines.

I hear ya. As for the K04 - that's what I figured. Perhaps you can do mine down the road :D

Dmueller343

Ready to race!
any problems installing the rims? i really want the same ones with red lip but someone told me there a a pain in the ass and that he had so many problems with them. what do you think of them?