GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official Candy White R Thread

Trev4vis

Couldn't find a thread on this so I figured I would start it off.. Regardless here is a pic of my R a couple months ago on its first trip to the snow.

Last edited:

jda

Passed Driver's Ed
Nice shots!

Where is this and did you have traction problem with the OEM tires?

Thinking of going up to the Big Bear Lake one of these weekends.

Trev4vis

Nice shots!

Where is this and did you have traction problem with the OEM tires?

Thinking of going up to the Big Bear Lake one of these weekends.

This was off of Highway 80 headed twards Truckee. Eagle Lakes exit, and then also twards Sugar Bowl ski resort.

The tires did great. They are by no means the traction of Blizzaks but seemed to do just fine for what i was doing. I have the factory PZero Nero All Season.

kdizzle55

Hey I'm originally from Roseville! Bought my Candy White R from Roseville VW no less. Any mod plans yet?

Trev4vis

Hey I'm originally from Roseville! Bought my Candy White R from Roseville VW no less. Any mod plans yet?

Very nice!.. Currently I have a Magnaflow exhaust on it and love it. There are a few other things I want to do but I'm going to wait for now.

kdizzle55

Very nice!.. Currently I have a Magnaflow exhaust on it and love it. There are a few other things I want to do but I'm going to wait for now.

How's the drone of that magnaflow while cruising? I've been looking at the APR RSC catback as if heard its near stock until you floor it but it sure is pricey.

chinqutie

Go Kart Champion
if i were to get an R it would be in CW. :)

Trev4vis

How's the drone of that magnaflow while cruising? I've been looking at the APR RSC catback as if heard its near stock until you floor it but it sure is pricey.

It it isn't bad at all too me.. If the engine is under load it is noisy.. But not bad at all. I drive freeway everyday to work and I don't find it a problem. For the price point, for me, it was worth it to give it a shot.

Here's a pic of my R and my wife's new ride as of a couple months ago.

Last edited: