GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

TBE and Stage 1+ or Clutch first?

FriggenT1

Banned
Dirty, I could clean them of course and it is no reason to get a catback but I was trying to convince myself that I should get one :D. Already ordered a DP though.

You know, I was really looking at dealers in my area but never looked into flashing from home. I was turned away from COBB because of how new they are and some reviews have been underwhelming. I didn't really think about Unitronic.

Quick question, if I buy the uniconnect and stage 2, does it come with the previous stages as well? Also, does moddedeuros sell the tunes or do you buy them direct from unitronic? At work so sorry for all the questions.

Went with the Eurojet DP from you guys, best price around :thumbsup:

Hey man, you do what you like, I'm just the type that mods that add something as far as power are more important to me. If you don't have an upgraded TOP, that's a dyno proven 8-10 hp. If you don't have upgraded pads, that's not power adding, but it's highly important if you want to be faster, you could pick up stop tech pads for all 4 wheels for 150ish iirc, you still wouldn't be at the same amount a CBE would cost you.

kennega

Ready to race!
I'm of the mind to not fix something if it isn't broken. If you want a (outlying) data point, I'm just at the point of needing to replace my factory clutch, and I've had Stage 3 on the car for 75k miles. I agree with the previous points. Chip it, downpipe, put some good pads on the car and evaluate where you're at after.

dbizzle22

Go Kart Champion
I'm of the mind to not fix something if it isn't broken. If you want a (outlying) data point, I'm just at the point of needing to replace my factory clutch, and I've had Stage 3 on the car for 75k miles. I agree with the previous points. Chip it, downpipe, put some good pads on the car and evaluate where you're at after.

Wow, I thought my clutch is a unicorn. 35K or so on my Stage 2 on stock clutch. There are always exceptions. I agree with those that say save up for it knowing its likely. Don't swap it out unless you have to or happen to be needing to remove your transmission for something else.

EastKingZ

Ready to race!

Thanks for the input, I think this is what i'm doing.

EastKingZ

Ready to race!
My clutch slipped day 1 of stage 1 tuning, but I also didn't own the car at first ? you're lucky if it doesn't, just baby if it does... you can still have some fun if it slips mine did a few times and I drove it around for about 5k before upgrading

Yeah i'm gonna buy stage 2 and throw on stage 1+ for a little while to see how it holds up. I'll probably order a clutch sooner than I want to just to have it.

siupo1281

Ready to race!
yes if u have a dp u need stage 2 tune so u wont get engine light on. I just bought a used apr dp maybe I will install this weekend and go to stage 2 :)