GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

D/FW tuned mk6 owners

Bill19751

Ready to race!
I'm starting to think about what tune I eventually want to go with. Anyone local with Cobb, Unitronic, or APR tunes? Would be interested in checking out your car and getting some feed back on your experience.

dead_catz

Ready to race!
I'm starting to think about what tune I eventually want to go with. Anyone local with Cobb, Unitronic, or APR tunes? Would be interested in checking out your car and getting some feed back on your experience.

I'm a little south of you in college station, I went APR from brink motorsports in Austin, they were good guys and got me in and out within 30 minutes. program switching is fairly easy with the left blinker cruise control stock. I bought it during a sale and they didn't charge me any install fees, I called around to Houston and to plug a computer into my obd port they wanted 50-100$ on top of tune cost

Bill19751

Ready to race!
Thanks what tune do you have? There are two or three APR installers here, one of them I went to to get my last car tuned.

dead_catz

Ready to race!
I have the apr stage 2 old tune not the new 2.0, their is a huge thread on people liking and complaining about it. I really like the old tune no problems but I would probably shop around if I had to do it again just because of the negative reviews on 2.0

Bill19751

Ready to race!
Yeah, not sure what to make of it. Negative stories get amplified on the forums. Some say it's been great, others not so much. APR gave me the impression it was certain cars/ECUs and it was addressed. I had APR stage 1 in my last car and loved it. Either way, I'm also considering Unitronic as the gains are similar. I test drove a car with a Uni intake and possibly a tune. Felt pretty good.

GIAC - haven't seen much mention or info on them. Revo - no dealers near me. Cobb - Sounds good and has a shop nearby but the gains aren't as good, and I've heard conflicting things on their hardware.

So based on HP and torque gains it comes down to APR or Unitronic.

dknguyenn

Ready to race!
I've been with unitronic and Zinkwerks since ownership of the car over 4 years ago. Steve is awesome and both my stage 2 and k04 tune have been nothing but amazing. Extremely reliable. Uni's k04 file is a bit on the conservative side, but like I said...no issues ever. I ran uni's stage 2 for about 40k miles and it's been great. If you don't have a clutch yet jump on that asap!

Bill19751

Ready to race!
Cool thanks! I will likely start with just a stage 1 flash and give myself some time to upgrade the clutch.

JS12

Ready to race!
I'm in the North DFW area with a COBB e-tune, IE intake and Sachs Stage 2 clutch so far. I'd be happy to let you check it out if interested. Having never been in a tuned GTI prior to doing it myself, I didn't really know what to expect.

Feel free to PM me.

Surferboy120

Passed Driver's Ed
I have a UNI STage 2 + 2013 Golf R looks like your a GTI but I am in the N Hurst Area of DFW.

The Golf scoots as stage 2+

Avdigigeek

Ready to race!
I just moved down here and have the giac stage 2 and clutch buster.
I like it over all, there's a little flutter @ 3200 rpms once and awhile but fun as he'll to drive.

I'm going straight to an APR stage 2 courtesy of the guys at Dubsquared in Arlington. I should be getting my car back on Tuesday, so we shall see!

dknguyenn

Ready to race!
I'm going straight to an APR stage 2 courtesy of the guys at Dubsquared in Arlington. I should be getting my car back on Tuesday, so we shall see!

Nice! How you liking it?! If you're ever in the area swing by Hiley VW. Tyler was just up here a few days ago dropping off a MK7R he tuned for one of our guys.

-DK

tturbocar

Passed Driver's Ed
Always nice to see some dfw guys on here. once i get mine back on the road ill be hitting up some meets again!

Bill19751

Ready to race!
Nice, would like to know how you're liking it. I'm kinda in limbo right now, car in the shop and staying in Arlington while trying to buy a house. Dubsquared is a good shop!

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk