GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Was at the dealership getting some repairs

MonthOLDpickle

Ready to race!
This may just be talk but half of it was truth for sure.

The truth for sure is that they are replacing Jetta & Passat models with a two new models.

Than he said that the R20 is coming to US in August. He says they do use the same engine from earlier. Belt driven vs the new chain. He says all they did was up the HP and torque.

MonthOLDpickle

Ready to race!
Also he said very base model will start above 32K and they are shipping at least 2500 R20 to the US.

Bill Carson

Passed Driver's Ed
It is no surprise that they are updating the Jetta. I expect the front end to look like the Golf/Jetta Sport Wagon, which means it will also resemble the GTI.

TwinTurboBoost

Passed Driver's Ed
The r20 coming to the Us is NOT confirmed yet, I wish it was tho...The jetta will still be so will the passat but it is being re designed. The entry level jetta starting at 17k ish will be very nice...it will be offered in a 4 seat coupe or a 5 seat sedan

Cloudlink041

Ready to race!
anything new on this?

Mk6golfer

Ready to race!

MrClean

Go Kart Champion
The (Jetta) Coupe Concept is amazing.

I stood there at the NAIAS and stared at it for like 5 minutes.

Very well done, VW.

boosted2

Ready to race!
This may just be talk but half of it was truth for sure.

The truth for sure is that they are replacing Jetta & Passat models with a two new models.

Than he said that the R20 is coming to US in August. He says they do use the same engine from earlier. Belt driven vs the new chain. He says all they did was up the HP and torque.

If they have not announced it (R20) yet, which they have not, there is no way that car is ready for sale by August this year.

You have been had and had by an uninformed dealership.

:rolleyes:

jgs5607

Ready to race!
Now that I have seen it from all of the other angles, I like it even more.

Maybe release this with the next -gen Jetta? A Jetta Coupe? Whatever, I really like the way it looks.