GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What car did you almost get over the GTI.

mkv_martinez

Go Kart Champion
It was between the an MKVI gti, and MKV gti or a caliber SRT-4 with mazdaspeed3 in a very close 3rd

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

ImmI

Ready to race!
WRX & GC V6

WRX's weren't being built at the time due to the tsunami and the GC's were stopped being imported because there was such low demand of them where I live. I had no choice really.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
WRX, Legacy GT

GTItheIllest

Ready to race!
Almost got a hyundai genesis coupe, or a kia forte koup

GTi-GUY86

Ready to race!
GLI but I couldnt wait another year...test drove the GTI and fell in love with it. Funny a year later my brother buys the GLI the same day he test drove it

dervi98

Passed Driver's Ed
2011 WRX STI

MI winters and reliability issues + a great sales guy in VW sold me to the GTI :-D

nik

Go Kart Champion
It started with an 06 TJ sport 6 speed..the dealer wouldn't drop the price so I was going to go for a Gennie coup, but since I wanted a hauler Mazda 3 and GTI were next.. I made the best mistake of test driving the GTI first.. and fell in love!

Skeptix

Ready to race!
For all those who were looking at the GenCoupe, be glad you didn't. I work at Hyundai, and I'll be the first to say they're P['s]OS. Slow as balls, even the V6 feels weak. The 2.0T falls flat on it's face in...well the entire RPM range.

joel0924

Ready to race!
1-Hyundai Genesis coupe (COW)
2-2011 wrx sedan (Fast)
3-2010 civic si sedan (ricer)
4-2010 scion tc (lol what was I thinking)
5-speed3 (fast,decent)

2011 Gti 2dr (winner)

nouse4aname

Go Kart Champion
I shopped against these:
Nissan Juke
Mini Cooper S hardtop
Had an eye on the Veloster development but the turbo was too far out
Same deal with FT-86
WRX
Genesis Coupe
Mitsubishi Lancer
Kia Forte SX 5 door or coupe

but in the end it came out to a grudge match between the Mini and the GTI and the GTI won.

TurtleJames

Go Kart Champion
Was ready to sign the papers on a Xterra, but the dealership suddenly withdrew their offer. Oh well.

P

plac

Was ready to sign the papers on a Xterra, but the dealership suddenly withdrew their offer. Oh well.

me too. before this 2011. closest i ever came to signing before leaving. the salesman took too long with another customer and i cooled off on the purchase. (I was waiting 1.5 hours to get waited on to finish my paperwork and came in with an appt..)

Last edited: